6 Easy ways to Reset HP printer | Solution
When you think to reset HP printer, it’s not just about restoring default network settings.
Indeed, the term has many meanings. So, before you right away jump to factory reset wireless HP printer, read below.
Who will be helped by the Guide?
All HP printer users, who want to:
- Reset HP Photo smart printer
- See steps on how to reset HP printer 3635
- Reset printer settings on Windows 7
- Know instructions for HP DeskJet 3630 Factory Reset
- Reset HP printer envy 4500
- Reset HP LaserJet m1005 MFP printer
- See steps for HP DeskJet 2600 EWS password reset
- RESET A HP P1102W TO FACTORY SETTINGS
- Look for HP Office Jet Pro 8710 reset to factory defaults
- Instructions for HP DeskJet 2652 factory reset
- Reset HP ink tank wireless 415
- Know 123 HP DeskJet 2630 printer reset settings
- Reset network settings HP office jet pro 8100
- Reset the Printer Network Settings HP Office jet 7110
- See how to reset HP printer 2540, can find their solution in the post!
When do you need to restore HP printer to its default settings?
Struggling against HP printer error is not the only time when HP printer is reset.
The action is also performed when:
- You change the router or Internet service provider
- Wireless Access point or router is reset to default settings
- Wireless security values get different or new
- New printer is to be setup
Turning towards errors, if:
- You see HP printer error 79
- HP printer paper jam occurs
- HP printer no longer responding to print request
- HP printer refuses to connect with wifi
- HP printer Offline error not resolving, it demands the factory reset of printer device.
Note: These are some of the errors concerning HP printer otherwise, the list is quite long!
Method 1: How to hard reset HP printer (without display)
To recover default settings of HP printer like LaserJet, DeskJet, Photo Smart, and Inkjet, start with the following steps:
1. Power ON your printer and unplug the USB cable attached at its rear end.
2. If the printer used ink cartridge to print on paper, open the device cover and take out the cartridge.
If you followed Step 2 then, cover the printer and wait for a while unless you see 'Missing Ink Cartridge' message on screen.
3. Next, disconnect the power cord of HP printer and do not touch anything for atleast 2-3 minutes.
4. Later, attach the power cord back and wait for the HP device printer to turn on automatically.
Note: Press power button, if the process doesn’t occur itself.
5. Now, if you followed Step 2 then, reinsert the ink cartridges and cover your printer again.
6. Reconnect the USB cable and your HP printer is all reset.
Important: The step majorly helps restore HP printer after you saw an error message or the device doesn’t reboot completely.
How do I reset my HP printer to factory settings?
Know your solution @855-703-2202
Method 2: Restore HP Printer’s Factory Settings (with display)
If the process to cold reset an HP printer (defined above) doesn’t seem of any help then, factory reset is the ideal alternative to resolve the issue.
And, to follow its steps, here’s what you should do:
- Turn on your HP printer and press the Menu button on the front console of printer machine.
- Next, scroll up or down with the ‘-‘icons and choose Preferences option from the list.
- Note: In case, you can't locate any "Preferences' option then, search for 'reset all menu settings' or 'Tool' followed by Restore factory defaults.
- Finally, choose Restore Defaults and OK option to restore the HP printer to its original settings.
You’ll see confirmation message, once the process completes.
Later, setup your printer device again and start using it for own purpose.
If the process still doesn’t help in printing then, check the guide: HP printer not printing for fix.
Method 3: Steps to restore printer's network settings
Whether you want to Reset HP printer network settings or need to enter the device in Setup mode, the following steps will help you in both cases.
So, with no more talks- let’s make a choice below based on your printer and follow the steps.
Important: After the printer is reset, all the network and other settings will be lost. It implies, you need to setup printer again before requesting a print job.
Restore network settings on HP printers without a Touch screen display
Here's what you need to do for such printers:
- If your printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel (X) button printer machine and wake the device.
Else, press Power button first to turn it on.
- Now, press Wireless and Cancel button altogether for 3-5 seconds unless power light and wireless LED starts blinking blue.
- With this step, your printer is all reset and ready to setup again.
Note: In case, it is already more than 2 hours after you performed the reset then, repeat the process (if you haven't completed the HP printer software setup).
If you were able to setup printer but can’t connect the device to wifi then, see instructions to fix: HP printer not connecting to wifi error.
How to Restore network settings on HP Printers with a Touch screen Display
If your HP printer has LCD monitor then, the steps to reset HP printer are as follows:
- Turn on your HP printer machine and wait for the device to enter the ready state.
- Now, on printer's LCD- go to HP printer's Control Panel and select the Wireless option or icon.
- Next, choose Settings and scroll down the list on next screen to select 'Restore Network Settings' or 'Restore Network defaults'.
- Click on YES, if prompted in order to confirm that you want to restore network settings of printer.
- Your printer will all be reset and ready for the setup.
Note: If it's been more than 2 hours that you have reset the printer then, repeat the process again (if you want to reset HP printer).
Need help to setup printer? Get instructions from guide: Hp printer setup.
Help me! Reset HP DeskJet 3630 to its factory default settings.
Call Printer Support team @855-703-2202
Method 4: Reset print server to default factory settings
Apart from HP printer machine, you can now reset printer server settings as well.
All you need to do is execute the steps given below:
- Power OFF the HP printer machine and ensure that its front cover is closed.
- However, make sure that the power cord is plugged in the printer device.
- Now, press and hold the GO button on printer's front console and press the Power button.
Note: Keep this power button pressed unless all other LEDs light up except Ready LED.
- Next, release the GO button and all LEDs must turn off.
- Finally, press GO button 6 times and ensure that each light on HP printer lights up.
This action in Step 5 if happens, indicate that your printer server is reset to default factory settings.
Method 5: Resetting ink levels in HP printers
If you own a printer with ink cartridges that you want to reset, the process follows as given:
Note: You may implement these steps even after installing new ink cartridges.
- Turn off your HP printer and open the printer cover to remove the ink cartridges inside.
Note: You may either apply the below mentioned steps on each ink cartridge separately OR altogether at ones.
- Take a piece of tape and cover the top 4 contacts of the HP printer ink cartridge with the tape.
- Now, insert these cartridges into the printer machine along with the tape and close the printer cover.
- After 5 seconds, open the cover and remove the cartridges inside the HP printer and now, repeat the same process for 4 contacts on right-side.
- After 5 seconds, again take out the cartridges from printer and this, time remove the tape for once and all.
Note: During the process, you may see a weird error message relating to HP printer cartridges. Avoid it as it is normal.
- In case, the cartridges don't read 100% then, repeat the same process but this time with top 3 contacts only.
- If still you struggle with the same error, then go for top 2 contacts.
Thus, you can reset HP printer cartridges!
For problem still not resolving check for any paper jam trouble. For more, you can refer the guide: HP printer paper jam and resolve your issue.
Method 6: Reset Region on my HP Printer
Generally, when you factory reset HP printer, it doesn’t reset the page count, tray size, language, and region.
Thus, if you want to change any of these settings then, ahead given steps can help you:
Note: For better comprehension, we have taken an example of how to reset region.
- Keep your ink or toner cartridges full and make sure your HP printer is connected to computer.
- Turn on your HP printer and later, call Printer support team.
- They will ask you share a set of numbers at the top of test page. Simply print that test page and read the numbers.
- Then, you need to enter the printer settings and type that special code-provided by the support team.
- Again share another code with the Printer experts and turn off the HP printer device, when asked by the professionals.
- After restart, your HP printer region will reset.
for any issues related to printer click printer offline page
Important: This process is helpful when you take your HP printer from one region to another. For instance, from the US to Australia!
Still need help to reset HP Printer?
Ask Printer Support team @855-703-2202 for assistance