Reset Brother Printer in 5 ways | Steps
Try reset brother printer, if annoyed by problems like Brother Printer not printing; paper jam; the printer is offline.
If you already tried resetting Brother Printer but failed then, also don’t worry!
As the guide has 6 different ways to reset and bring your printer back in working condition.
To know each one of them, keep reading the post below!
Who will be helped by guide?
All users, who are looking to get following problems resolved, have a resolution in the post.
- Brother printer not responding to print request
- Wireless Brother printer paper jam
- Brother printer not connecting to Internet
- Brother printer error 50/ 35/ 48
- Can’t find Brother printer on network Windows 10
- Brother printer connected to wifi but not printing
And, many more!!
And, as you read the post- you’ll learn:
- What are the after-effects of factory reset printer
- Steps to reset printer dcp-i2541dw
- How to reset toner cartridges of printer
- Reset steps for printer toner level
- How to reset wifi on printer
- Way to reset page counter on Laser printer
- How to reset Brother printer drum
With so many ways to reset printer- let’s begin and learn them!
What happens after you reset a printer?
You must understand what happens after you decide to factory reset printer. As the process not only changes printer settings but affect overall printing process.
For more details on what changes post printer reset, keep scrolling the list below:
- First and foremost, the device settings for printer delete or change after reset. This further include:
- Tray settings under Brother printer properties
- Paper size set from the Control Panel of Windows OS.
- Secondly, following options restore to default after reset operation (under Printer preferences):
- Print preview from the left panel of Preferences window.
- Paper size
- Orientation of document to be printed changes to landscape.
- Count of copies you want for document to be printed changes to 1.
- Collate option is checked under Basic tab of Brother printer properties
- Media Type, Resolution, Print Settings, Multiple pages, 2-sided/ booklet, and paper source are some of the other configurations that restore post printer reset.
3. Likewise, under advanced tab- Scaling, reverse Print, use watermark, header-footer print, and toner save mode, sleep time, Print archive, and eco settings also reset.
4. You will also not see any print profiles after Brother Printer is reset.
5. Printer status on Device & Printer windows also change.
If you find the status as offline post reset, see the steps to turn offline Brother printer online.
Are you ready to re-arrange all the above printer information?
Then, go ahead with the PRINTER RESET below!
Need help to Reset default factory settings of Brother machine?
Contact Printer experts for solution @855-703-2202
5 Ways to Reset Brother printer: Instructions
Following step-by-step instructions will help you reset printer in one of the easiest ways.
However, make sure you follow each printer reset step carefully in given order.
So, are you ready?
Then, diagnose the Brother printer to find what's troubling you. Later, accordingly- make your choice for printer reset process from the list below.
General steps to reset server and Toner of printer
Is your Brother Printer server, toner cartridges, or toner level not letting you print documents? Then, reset process below will help you:
- Without removing the power cord, turn off the printer from main switch for reset.
- Next, ensure no lights on Brother Printer are ON.
- Now, press and hold the GO button on Brother Printer. Simultaneously, press power button to allow the printer to reset all its settings.
Note: Do not leave GO button unless ready LED on printer turns ON then, OFF.
- Release the GO button on Brother Printer and make sure none of the LED is on.
- Later, press the GO button six times in a row to complete factory reset of printer.
If the reset process of printer completes successfully then, you'll see solid color LEDs lightning on printer.
Reset Page counter on Printer
Does your printer page counter value change to a particular number even after you have defined it?
Does your Brother printer prompt to set page counter though you have already assigned a value?
Then, reset the page counter rather than resetting the complete printer.
You can complete page counter reset in minutes, as the process is quite easy and doesn't demand any disassembly.
The steps to restore Brother Printer page counter are:
- Open the front cover of Brother Printer to access cartridges.
- Now, press the SECURE and CANCEL button altogether unless reset menu appears on printer screen.
- Navigate to color option and reset it.
You'll see 'Accepted' message on screen, once the reset process completes.
However, if you see any error message on-screen while the printer reset, continue with following steps:
- Press and hold CANCEL button to display the main menu.
- Then, locate Asterisk star on the numeric keypad and remember its location.
- Return to Home menu and get the cartridges access by opening the front cover of Brother Printer.
- You can now see the reset menu on Brother printer LCD screen.
- Scroll down to choose RESET option and wait for the 'Accepted' message to display on screen.
This reset your page counter value on printer.
Unable to reset page counter on Laser printer?
Ask Printer Support team @855-703-2202 for help
Reset printer's Ink Cartridges
Reset ink cartridges of printer, if you see any of the following signs:
Sign 1: Whenever you try printing any job, Brother Printer asks you to replace the ink cartridges. However, the error still persists, after you change the cartridges.
Sign 2: You often see ink cartridges empty message on Brother Printer’s LCD, even when you have refilled the cartridges. In such cases, try installing new one. If the error- 'cartridge is empty' still displays on screen, it implies you need to reset printer.
Sign 3: You have to reset or replace the cartridges every time to get rid of Brother Printer not printing error.
2 ways to reset ink cartridges
To resolve all the above-stated error signs, pick your Brother printer reset method below and fix the issue.
- Switch on your Brother printer and keep toner door open.
- Next, press and hold the CLEAR button unless reset menu opens.
- Next, scroll down to printer's ink cartridge you want to reset and touch OK button.
- Complete on-screen instructions to complete the ink cartridge reset process and close the toner door.
In case, these steps won't allow you to print using ink cartridges, jump to solution 2.
- Restart your Brother printer and once, the reboot process completes- open the front cover.
- Next, press CANCEL and PRINT button simultaneously to reset printer.
- Then, choose the ink toner of printer that you want to reset and press OK button to complete the process.
Reset Drum unit
The Brother Printer drum reset is useful when you have changed the drum unit.
However, make sure you don't reset the drum counter of Brother machine unless it is replaced (fully).
Now, the process to reset drum in printer is as follows:
- Turn on the Brother printer and open its front cover (carefully).
- From the printer's screen, go to Settings option.
Open printer properties in device, in case your Brother printer has no LCD.
- Open ALL settings in menu and choose Machine Information-> Parts life.
- Next, press and hold DRUM or DRUM LIFE unless Brother printer displays reset has completed.
- In the next step, press YES on prompted screen and later, HOME icon to close all the windows.
IN case, you still see the error message post printer reset, ask Printer support team for assistance.
Cannot reset drum on printer- Help me!
Call Printer professionals @855-703-2202 for immediate solution
Reset printer wifi password
Does your printer refuse to connect over network? Then, reset printer network settings before getting into any other technical troubleshooting.
You may also refer Brother printer network Troubleshooting to resolve the issue.
There are majorly two ways to reset printer wireless settings. So, pick your way and reset the settings for smooth working printer.
Solution 1: Reset printer that has LCD
- Open brother printer's menu and go to NETWORK option using up or down arrow keys.
- Further, choose Network reset and allow the process to complete.
Once the printer machine reset completes, you may re-define network settings.
Solution 2: Reset printer that has no LCD
Make sure you have the network name and password to reset printer settings. Next, follow the steps as given:
- Connect your computer to printer and open Control panel.
- Navigate to network option and tap on NETWORK RESET option to reboot the wifi.
- Press key '1' to confirm the steps and allow the printer to reset and reboot.
- Once the process completes successfully, the printer will prompt to 'Setup wifi' post reset.
- Press OK to launch the Setup Wizard and complete the instructions to connect your printer with wifi.
See Brother Printer setup troubleshooting, in case you are unable to connect the printer with other devices.
Unable to reset Brother Printer? -Troubleshoot the error!
By chance, if you failed to reset printer even after following the above instructions then, troubleshoot the following components:
- Check your printer hardware and ensure there’s no problem with any of its part. Else, replace that printer hardware before going for reset process again.
- Secondly, scan your device connected to printer and make sure there’re no malware interrupting the reset process.
- Ensure the Brother Printer software that you installed for printing process isn’t corrupt.
Otherwise, you need to reinstall those programs for success of printer reset method.
- There’s enough power supply for printer to perform any function. In case, you find a damaged power cable or outlet- replace them immediately.
- And, most importantly, ensure you are following the correct process to reset printer. Otherwise, you will keep failing every time while you reset Brother printer.
Still can’t restore Brother Printer default factory settings?
Ask Printer experts for solution @855-703-2202