Lexmark printer wifi not working: Let’s Troubleshoot
If your Lexmark printer wifi not working; router is unable to communicate via printer; Lexmark printer can't find wifi; Lexmark printer not recognizing the router;
Then, observe the solutions in guide below to fix each of your problems.
The post below will be helpful to all users, who:
- Want to know the Lexmark Printer-Network connection status
- Reasons for Lexmark printer not connecting to network
- Need tips and suggestions for printer connection failed issue
- Wishes to rejoin network with printer
- Wants to understand the Wi-Fi indicator light behavior
Where to Begin:
First and foremost, it’s important to differentiate between network communication and print failure.
IF... Your printer names aren’t available on the network list. Then....troubleshoot Printer Network issue.
IF... You have confirmed a good connection between the router and printer. Then....see the causes for printer not printing and find the relevant solution below.
IF... You feel that after applying all the solutions stated in the guide below- your issue still persists. Then... troubleshoot wifi wireless printers to find the answer.
Other than this, if you see:
- Any communication relating error message while printing,
- No printer or MFP response message,
- Document failed to print error
- Printer communication drivers not available, or
- NO message at all
That also reflects- your Lexmark printer will not connect to wifi.
Once you get to know the root cause of the issue, select recommended actions from the list below.
In case, you are still not aware of the reason, simply follow the troubleshooting steps in given sequence unless your printer connects on network.
Preliminary Troubleshooting of printer wifi not working
How do I connect my Lexmark printer to wifi?
How to resolve Lexmark printer communication problem with wifi? - If you need relevant solution to these queries then, start with the following fixes:
- Check the connected Ethernet cable is properly placed properly and smoothly at the router's back.
- Also, ensure neither network cable nor network cable connector is damaged.
- Try using different router's port or network cable, in case the link LED isn't lightened up.
- Make sure there's no "printer display error" message on screen. If it is there, adjusts the printer's display from the settings.
- If Lexmark printer not communicating over the network during peak hours then, over saturation of network traffic could be the reason. Thus, try connecting your printer over the network during normal hours.
If Lexmark wireless printer still not working, stay here for further advanced solutions.
Step 1: Ping Your Printer‘s IP
To check- if the printer’s IP is easily recognized by the machine or not, follow the steps as follows:
- From printer and faxes in Mac or from Control Panel-> Printer and faxes in Windows, find your printers name.
- Right-click on this current printer’s name to choose its Properties.
- On the opened window, click on Port tab.
- Then, widen the first column in list to see the IP address of printer.
- Next, open command prompt window and type the following command:
ping <IP address>
For instance, if the IP address of your printer is 192.168.1.7, then the term that you are supposed to write on CMD will be: ping 192.168.1.7.
- If you get a successful reply as given in the screenshot- that implies the issue is not with your printer- router network.
If Lexmark printer doesn't connect to my wireless router, refer more solutions ahead.
Step 2: Print Network Settings Page
For this, request to print your network settings page and display the status value.
- If the Status value displays as CONNECTED then, continue your troubleshooting process ahead.
- However, if you see the Status value as NOT Connected or Disconnected then, check the network speed or Network card hardware error.
And, after the issue is resolved, connect the printer to network access port using known working network cable.
Step 3: Enable TCP/IP Port Access of printer
Lexmark printer requires TCP/IP port numbers for certain network-related features. Thus, if you want to confirm- whether its enable or not, check out these steps:
- Open the printer web page and tap on 'Links and Index' option.
- Next, tap on TCP/IP Port access and check if the port is enabled or not.
- In case of Disable, choose the option- Enable ports and tap on SUBMIT button.
After applying these settings, if still Lexmark printer wifi not working then, go with the next solution in queue!!
Unable to connect the printer to wireless network?
Contact printer experts @ 855-703-2202 for fix
Step 4: Strengthen Network Signal
Fix the following things and bring back the printer's ability to connect with network and print.
- Place your printer near to wireless router/ access point with least count of obstructions in-between.
- Keep all radio-frequency emitting devices like microwave, cordless phones, and Bluetooth speakers away from your Lexmark printer.
- In case, still Lexmark wireless printer not connecting to network then, temporarily turn off all the devices emitting RF.
- Avoid keeping printer server underneath or behind the furniture.
- Besides this, also reposition your access point, printer server antenna, and all possible obstructions.
- Last but not least, check the bit rate value on network settings page. If it's lower then, your printer is most likely to fail. And. To fix it we have certain more solutions lined ahead.
Step 5: Reset Router, printer, and device like your Computer, Android, iPhone
If still- Lexmark printer won't connect to wifi then, reset all the concerned devices to clear any error or customized settings (that might be causing trouble).
For this, refer the instructions, given in image below:
Now, try connecting your printer over the web. If the problem of Lexmark wifi printer not printing continues to prevail then, stay tuned for more tough solutions.
Other Troubleshooting Steps:
Other possible causes- why you can't connect Lexmark wireless printer to wifi are listed below with suggestions.
- Disable the firewall of the device that you are using to connect printer with the network. For instance, your computer.
- Go to network adapter settings of router and see- if the VPN or any other proxy server is enabled. In case, you find them, right-click and tap on Disable option.
- Check the current status of printer drivers. If required, update those using compatible versions available over the Internet.
- Also, verify the printer settings and in worst case, if required- follow the steps to fix Lexmark Printer setup error again.
- Don't forget to check the USB connection- if established using cables to connect printer, router, and computer.
Alternative solution to Lexmark printer can't find wifi
Why doesn't my printer work on my wireless router?
Still looking for its answer? Then, check out here!
Some more reasons and solutions to loss of printer communication are:
- Router Red light: In this case, you need to focus on troubleshooting router. Besides this, if you see an orange LED on router then, also fix the wireless router first.Fir lexmark
- Router switches to 5.0 GHz band: You need to enter router login page and disable the network bandwidth 5.0 GHz. As, printer currently only supports 2.4 GHz network frequency.
- Accurate Network Settings: To connect Lexmark printer successfully over the network, customize your router settings as follows:
- Type in a unique network name (SSID) for the router.
- Prefer the network security type WPA-2 for smooth connection between Lexmark printer and router. However, if your printer still won’t connect to wifi then, you may choose from the list: WEP, WPA, WPA [AES].
- Choose proper security key or paraphrase via Wireless Setup Assistant.
Still Lexmark Printer wifi not working?
Contact Printer Support team @ 855-703-2202