Install Brother Printer | Complete setup guide
The following guide has a complete set of instructions to install Brother Printer. From configuring printer on computer/ mobile to installation of printer driver- the post includes all.
So, without giving a second thought- start with Brother Printer installation!
What’s included in the post?
As, said earlier, the printer setup guide has solution for all type of printer users. However, if you want to know in detail- take a quick glance over the list below:
- Requirements for printer to setup on computer and mobile
- Instructions to install Brother software and drivers
- Steps to connect Brother printer onto network
- Ways to setup printer with computer (wirelessly and using USB cable)
- First method: CD-ROM drive
- Second is: WPS (Wi-Fi protected setup)
- How to configure Brother printer over phone to print documents
- Tips & tricks to maintain Brother printer connection
- Frequently asked questions relating printer setup
With so much in guide, let’s get started and scroll through each section for error-free Brother Machine setup.
What are the prerequisites for Brother Printer Setup?
Some of the essentials for Brother Machine setup are:
- A Brother printer in working state (with no hardware issue)
- A router with WPS button (if printer also supports WPS method).
- Brother printer drivers and smart software
- Network drivers to install brother printer smoothly
- Devices (like computer or mobile) to join Brother printer drivers
- Wi-Fi with good speed and stable connection.
- Network name / SSID and password of router to which you want to connect printer
Note: Most importantly, make sure your printer status isn’t offline. Otherwise, turn offline Brother Printer online on priority basis.
Other things that you may require in printer setup include:
- CD-ROM drive of printer setup and its drivers,
- LAN to connect printer with router, and
- USB cable to connect router with computer or laptop
Note: In case, there would be any other thing required during the printer setup- you’ll be notified later!
So, are you ready to setup printer with devices like computer or mobile?
If YES then, let’s slide through the process and get a smooth working printer quickly.
Step 1: Make wireless printer discoverable on devices
To configure Brother Printer over the network (connected to device), you need printer drivers.
And, to install them on device like computer or laptop, do this:
- Insert the Brother Printer driver's CD-ROM in disk drive.
Note: In case, you don’t have the CD-ROM, go to Brother Printer official website and download relevant printer driver. You need to choose the right correct model number and name of your printer to get the printer drivers.
- If using CD-ROM then, select the model and language of printer to open the installation screen automatically.
- Next, tap on install Brother printer button and follow on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation.
- In case, you own a Mac device- double-click on Start HERE OSX to begin printer drivers’ configuration.
Note: If you are looking for Brother Printer drivers online, please download Full driver & software package to complete installation.
In case, your device already has Brother printer drivers, update them.
With Brother Printer drivers installed, you may now jump to next installation step!
Unable to find printer on your device?
Contact Printer professionals @855-703-2202 for solution
Step 2: Connect Printer through router wirelessly
Following setup will guide for the wireless Brother machine.
Note: The installation process is same for most of the Brother machine (irrespective of Brother Printer features).
So, no matter what's the model or make of your Brother Printer, the steps below will help a lot!
- First and foremost, make sure you have router’s SSID or network name and wifi password with you.
Do not know this information? Check out your router's label for the data.
Important: Without this information, it won't be possible to connect printer with any device like computer or mobile.
- In case, you have tried setting up printer before, reset brother printer network card first.
Once network reset process completes, here's your procedure to connect brother machine wirelessly.
- Go to menu bar and scroll down to Network-> Wireless-> WLAN-> Setup Wizard->ON option.
- Next, allow your Brother printer to search for the network ID in your vicinity.
- Then, choose your network name and press OK to join printer over the wifi network.
- Press ‘NO’ button on printer, when asked to select WPS or AAOS option.
- Type your wifi password in the prompted screen and press OK.
- Press ‘YES’ to apply settings and wait for the connected message.
In case, you get printer not connected error on LCD screen, make sure you type the correct wifi password.
Or, you may refer Brother Printer not connecting wifi guide for further assistance.
Step 3: Build computer connection with printer
After Brother Printer connects to wifi, it's time to build its connection with other devices like computer or phone.
There are majorly two ways to install Brother Printer software on computer:
- First is using CD-ROM and
- Second is via WPS method.
So, based on your essentials, make your choice and find the steps on how to connect brother printer to device like computer.
Method 1: Add Brother Printer to computer using CD-ROM
Here’s what you must do to configure your Brother Printer software on devices like laptop or computer:
- Turn ON all the devices involved in printer installation process and have admin rights to your computer.
- Insert the CD into the computer drive and begin with the major Brother printer installation.
- As soon your computer reads the Brother Printer installation CD, it will prompt you to choose your printer model from the available list.
- Next, choose your printer language in the setup process. For instance, if you want to opt for English language, look for the option such as English (U.S).
- Then, tap on Install button on the opened window and follow on-screen instructions to complete the printer setup.
Note: During the process, you may also register Brother Printer for future updates and other software notification.
- Finally, restart your computer and start printing.
However, for any reason, if your brother printer doesn't respond, see how to fix Brother printer not printing.
Important: Besides connecting wirelessly, you may also use USB cable to make Brother Printer connection with router and computer.
See the image below for reference:
Method 2: Steps to join brother printer & computer using WPS
This process to install brother printer can only work, if your router and printer both support WPS button.
To know, if your router supports WPS, check for this button on the device as shown in image below.
If you are nodding YES after seeing the WPS button then, here are your troubleshooting steps:
- Place Brother Printer close to router and make sure the power cord is plugged in.
Note: Do not perform any of the below steps unless you can see solid green LED lightning on Brother Printer.
- Now, press and hold WPS button on router for few seconds and simultaneously, press the WPS button on Brother Printer for 2 seconds.
- Next, allow your printer to search for wifi network.
Note: The Toner LED will keep blinking unless it finds the network.
- And, when you see Drum LED also blinking on Brother Printer, it implies- printer is connecting on the found network.
- As soon, you see green color LED lightning on printer, Kudos!
Your Brother printer configures automatically on network.
You may ask Printer professionals for assistance,
If Brother Printer refuses to connect with computer
Step 4: Configure Brother Printer on mobile
Once you build a connection between printer and router (as defined above), it's time to connect the Brother printer with mobile.
Your steps to configure printer on mobile are as follows:
- Open Google Play or Apple store on the phone and download iPrintScan application of brother printer.
- Install the app on your device and connect your router on the same wifi to which your printer is connected.
- Once the Brother Printer setup completes, you may now print, scan, and perform various other functions using the Brother iPrint Scan application.
If in any case, the connection setup between printer and your device failed, refer Brother Printer setup error troubleshooting section.
The printer wireless setup is now complete!
Still cannot complete Brother Printer install process?
Ask Printer Offline Support team @ 855-703-2202
How to maintain Brother Printer connection in long-run?
Following tips & tricks can help you avoid Brother Printer reinstall and various other relating error messages.
So, follow them religiously and keep your printer in working condition forever:
- Keep Brother clean and ensure it placed in area with no or less debris. Also, make sure there's no paper jam problem in Brother printer.
- Do not keep printer idle for long (like months or weeks) as, this can affect the normal working of printer.
In case, you own a Inkjet printer then, the ink may dry with the time –if not used.
- Using Brother Printer’s IP address, enter the firmware settings and keep the printer software up-to-date. This action will maintain device compatibility with the printer.
- Use only quality ink to refill the cartridges else, you may end up damaging the hardware.
- If you want to download any of the software for enhanced features- Register your Brother printer online with official providers.
This way you can download software on your device without allowing intruders to attack the system.
Thus, it also protects your printer from malicious software.
For more assistance and advice, you may even contact Printer offline Support team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to some of the highly reported Brother Printer installation queries below.
What is the network key for a brother printer?
The password of your network or router is the security key of Brother Printer. if you haven't changed this key ever then, turn your router upside down and see the password of Internet.
In case, you have changed the network password, then:
In PC, open Control Panel-> Network and Internet-> View Network status-> manage Wireless networks-> and finally your router's SSID. Right-click to choose properties and uncheck hide characters box to get the Brother printer network security.
Mac users, select utilities-> Keychain Access-> and, find your network on list. Finally, right-click to choose Properties and get your printer's network security!
Where do I find the WPS Pin on my Brother printer?
Know your Brother printer's IP to access its Control Panel using any browser window. Once inside the Brother Printer configuration, choose Wireless button-> Settings and touch the WPS button to follow the on-screen prompts. Finally, tap on PIN and you can see the WPS PIN of brother printer.
Why does my Brother printer say check connection?
After connecting Brother Printer with computer via USB cable, LAN cable, or wireless connection, if you get the error message ‘CHECK CONNECTION’, it implies your device cannot recognize the connection using any of the mediums.
Therefore, before you press PRINT or SCAN button on Brother printer, check connection between Brother Printer and devices using LAN cable, USB cable, or wireless connection.