Still can't access Office jet HP printer smoothly?
Need help to fix your HP printer problem? Find the solution for each weird and tough error below with tips to avoid them from reoccurring in future.
Some of the highly-reported issues like HP printer not available, No wireless connection, Error code 79, out of paper, ink cartridge empty, or incompatible HP drivers troubleshoot in separate guides. To reach them, visit HP Printer troubleshooting section.
If you can’t locate your Office Jet printer issue anywhere or in case, you need more detailed help for any error discussed below then, ask the Printer Experts directly.
HP Printer Paper Jam
On computer or printer screen, if you see any error message like paper jam, jam in fuser, or paper stuck then, here are the escape steps:
- Check for any paper stuck at the input and output trays of the printer. Then, remove them gently.
- Next, open the printer front cover (in some cases upward) and pull any paper that has stuck inside the rollers of the printer.
- Now, turn off the printer and disconnect all power cords from the wall outlet.
- Check the ink or toner cartridges area, paper path cover, input tray, rear access door, and bottom cleanout door for any jammed paper. Gently remove them, if found.
- Afterward, connect all the power cords and cables that were disconnected earlier.
- Press the power button on printer and print a test page to confirm that the issue has been resolved.
Still struggling with the issue?-Find more detailed solution in HP printer paper jam guide.
HP printer error 79
While requesting for a print job in HP Office jet printer, if you are bothered by HP error 79 then, execute the following steps:
- Connect your HP printer to the Internet using WPS button or via Access point method. For detailed solution, check how to connect HP printer to wifi.
- Delete all previously added printing jobs in the queue as, there are strong chances that you see HP printer error 79 because of corrupt printing requests.
- Update your HP printer's firmware and disable ll third-party security software (temporarily) to see if the issues resolve or not.
- Next, remove HP printer's DIMMs and power cycle the device.
- In case, you find no issue with your HP printer then, disconnect your printer from mobile or computer. Then, run system automatic troubleshooter and allow the issue to fix itself.
Note: For Step 5, your device should be connected with the Internet.
HP Print job stuck in queue
Bad printing job and error with Print spooler are some of the major causes of HP printer job not printing. However, you can easily resolve them with the steps defined below:
Note: To resolve this issue, prefer using computer than mobile.
- Connect your HP printer with the computer wire lessly or by using cable.
- Click on Windows Start menu and type Services in the provided field.
- Now, on the Services window, scroll down to Print Spooler option and right-click to open its Properties.
- Click on drop-down field and choose Disable option from the list. Consequently, tap on Stop button and wait for around 2-3 minutes before enabling and starting the service again.
- Close down all the windows and open Device and Printers from Control panel.
- Right-click on your HP printer icon and select the option: See what's printing.
- In the newly opened window, now right-click on the earliest printing job and tap on Restart.
If the issue still persists then, clear all the previously added printing jobs from the list and re-add them again.
HP Printer Paper Size Mismatch errors
If you are trying to print envelopes or invitation from your HP office jet printer using different size papers then, "paper mismatch" error is quite common. To fix it:
- Tap on file button in menu bar of program that you want to print.
- Check for your printer's name in the list and choose Preferences or Properties from the options.
- Tap on Paper/Quality tab and click on advanced option.
Note: In case required, click on Paper size option as well.
- Choose your HP printer paper size and type from the drop-down list and click on OK.
Note: if there's no match, select the one nearest to your choice.
- Next, check the paper source settings from same Paper/Quality tab.
- After, trying all- if you still see the error window then reset HP printer.
Most Common Office jet HP Printer issues- We Fix!
Besides the above-defined major HP printer errors, here is a list of some other HP printer problems that we resolve on a daily basis:
- HP printer setup /
- Ink cartridges error
- Wireless HP printer not responding
- HP printer paper feed problem
- HP printer error
- Windows 10 Built-in Driver Failed to Install
- HP printer error code oxc4eb827f
- HP printer out of memory
- No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change
- HP printer print head problem
- HP printer not printing text
- USB scanner connection error
- HP printer paper jam error
- Resolving a scanner failure message when scanning, copying, or faxing
- HP Printer not connecting to Computer/ Mac
- HP printer blinking orange light
- Solving Paper Size Mismatch errors
- Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password
- 'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays
- HP printer not printing black
HP Printer Troubleshooting
Still looking for something? Get answer to all your HP Office jet printer queries, problems, and more- all in one convenient place. We're on Monday-Saturday from 10:00 am onwards (EST) to answer all your questions 1-855-703-2202.
You may even reach us with your question by submitting an email over the address shared in footer, on live chat window at the bottom-right corner, or even request for a callback.