What shall I do for seamless Deskjet printer?
If your HP DeskJet printer isn't printing or working properly, find an exclusive solution for the error message or window. You will also find the tips to avoid any sort of HP printer problem from reoccurring in future.
However, while navigating through the printer problems, if you can't find your issue listed below then, contact Printer Support, share your HP DeskJet printer error, and get the relevant solution.
HP printer not connected to computer
Confirm the connection error before you finally troubleshoot the issue. And, for this:
- Open Devices and Printers window in your computer device.
- Then, right-click on your printer icon and choose Properties from the pulled-down menu.
- Tap on Web services tab and click on the IP address link in the provided window.
- If the link takes you to a webpage with message somewhat like NO CONNECTION then, it's the time for you to troubleshoot the issue.
Here's what you need to do then:
- Check and update the HP printer drivers. If found incompatible, install the relevant ones from 123.hp.com.
- Next, press Windows key + Q altogether and type in printer.
- Then, choose Printers & Scanners from the window and hit Add a printer & scanner option.
- From the opened window, choose 'The printer isn't listed' option and tap on Add a Bluetooth, wireless, or network discoverable printer.
- Finally, choose the connected HP DeskJet printer.
If your computer still can't connect to the HP printer then, check and ensure that both printer and computer are on the same local network.
HP printer not printing Color
To make your HP printer print in color as well as black, here's what you should do:
- First and foremost, make sure to use only original and genuine HP ink cartridges.
- Secondly, check the ink levels in all the cartridges of HP printer. If the ink level is low, fill them up to a level that it doesn't overflow. Otherwise, it will block the print head.
Note: Do not change the ink brand that you use.
- If clogging has occurred then, soak the tip with warm water for a while and paint the surface to block the use of other inks.
- Check the HP printer drivers and ensure they are compatible with your current HP DeskJet printer.
- Also, use the automated tool to clean the print heads of the HP printer. For this:
- Ensure the power button of printer device is switched ON.
- Then, touch the dashboard on the printer's lower-left corner and navigate to Tools-> Clear print head option with a right-click.
- Wait for a while unless the process completes. You'll get a test page printed after everything is done.
Reset HP printer Password
Forgotten your HP printer password? No worries, here is what you must do:
- Reset HP printer by pressing POWER and WIRELESS button altogether on printer or by selecting the option 'Restore Network defaults' from printer's LCD.
- After the HP DeskJet printer reset process completes, your printer enters in setup mode again. For help relating HP printer install, see steps to HP printer setup in guide.
- So, now open the Control panel of computer or Settings of your mobile.
Note: Here, we are referring to the device that is connected to HP printer.
- Next, go to Devices and Printers option in Control Panel and right-click on your HP printer's icon to choose Properties.
Note: If it's mobile then, search for the devices-> Printer-> and MORE/ Setting option.
- Then, choose Password icon on the list and enter the new password for HP printer that you want to save.
If you are bothered during any of these steps by any HP printer error then, refer HP printer troubleshooting section for the solution.
HP printer Power button Blinking
If you can't POWER ON your HP printer or the light on Power button keeps blinking, then:
- Unplug the HP printer, reset the internal power module, and reconnect the printer.
- Check and make sure that the power outlet is working.
Note: Also, avoid using power strip or surge protector.
- After the HP printer reboots, check the rear end of HP device and confirm that the internal power module displays an indicator light.
- If the internal power module light is ON and the HP printer has also switched ON then, you may stop the troubleshooting and start accessing the printer.
However, if the power button light still keeps blinking then, refer HP printer error message section for more detailed help.
We also have Solution for-
- HP printer offline
- HP printer keep pausing
- A 'No AirPrint Printers Found' Message Displays (iOS)
- HP Printer not connecting to Mac
- Blinking Lights on the HP DeskJet 5100 and 5650 Printer Series
- HP printer not printing anything
- Firewall Blocking Driver Install or Printer Function (Windows)
- HP printer out of paper error
- HP printer error code oxc4eb827f
- A 'Printer Isn't Available' Message Displays (Android)
- Wireless HP printer not responding
- troubleshoot printing error in HP printer
- HP printer not recognizing ink cartridge
- Print Jobs Stuck in Queue Troubleshooting
- HP Printer not connecting to wifi
- HP printer error messages
- Printer Not Found During Driver Setup (Windows/Mac)