Help us Identify your Printer for Pertinent Fix
When does HP Printer
To get answer for your query-“Why does my HP printer keep going offline”, you need to know the actions that land you in HP printer not available situation. Hence, see the list of situations ahead and revert back your action or avoid doing same in future.
Incorrect Printer Configuration
When you first change the current regional settings of printer under Control Panel and later, add the device- your printer may display its status as offline. This is because, your printer is configured to use by default settings, otherwise!
Printer not Connected Properly
If you connect your printer to computer using worn out cables, the device will not detect the connection. Besides this, loose pin in ports may also not allow your computer to connect with printer.
So, always check the hardware used in printer setup!
Printer not set as Default
For more than one printer attached to the device OR in case of printer replacement- if you ignore to set your current printer as default- you’ll see a message HP envy printer is offline.
Thus, it’s vital to use your HP printer as default.
The most common reason for HP printer offline is overload caused by print server. Simply put, when you connect your printer through print servers then, all print jobs are processed through single point.
This issue prevails for both- wired and wireless HP printer.
Signs of HP Printer Offline Error
Printer offline error is nearly twice as likely to affect your print task as any other print error & tends to have different causes, which you might have already known from the above section. Now, to know immediately about HP printer offline in Windows 10/8/7 or Mac- see the following list of symptoms.
Print Error Message
For any error message like the port is busy or error writing to LPT1, check the printer Status under Device and Printers window in Control panel.
For this, simply, place your mouse over your current printer and the status offline can be seen.
Inaccurate graphics or incomplete images on paper as an output, or blank pages when you try to print- are some of the signs of printer offline trouble.
In this case, generally- when you try printing any task- your HP printer goes offline.
Stuck Print Job
While giving instructions to printer, if your task keeps hanging all the time that implies either your print spooler is hanged OR your printer has gone offline.
To confirm the reason, reboot your computer and try printing task- if the error prevails, it's the HP hot smart printer offline issue.
Printer not responding
Do you see a green colored LED lightning on your printer machine along with a message on computer that- your printer is successfully connected?
However, still, your printer doesn’t respond to any printing job? If that’s a yes- change your printer status.
How do I get my HP
Printer from Offline to Online?
- Printing Cause
- Computing Cause
If printer itself is the cause for your HP printer offline issue then, execute these three major solutions in given sequence unless your problem is fixed.
- Go to printer offline support and download ‘HP Print and Scan Doctor’ diagnostic tool to run on your device.
Note: Ensure your device has a good internet connection to resolve this printer offline issue automatically.
If your HP printer offline problem continues to prevail- go for the additional troubleshooting below:
- Set your printer as default manually.
Important: Following related steps are explained for Windows 10. You may use them for Windows 7 and 8 as well.
- Download and install print driver on your computer that matches with your printer.
- Now, go to Printer and scanners window under Control Panel.
- And, uncheck the box beside ‘Windows manage my default printer.’ Next, from the opened printers list, tap on your printer name and click on Manage button.
Note: If you have multiple printers connected to your device then, choose the one with idle or online status.
- Later, under ‘Manage your device’ section, tap on ‘Set as default.’
Try to print any task now! If your printer still remains offline, troubleshoot computing issue.
Network or USB connection error may also trigger HP printer offline problem. And, to fix them- we recommend following the below steps as given:
- To begin with the troubleshooting of Wi-Fi printer connection, restart your computer, router, and printer.
- Once your network and printer are set for a new connection, connect your printer to Internet using WPS, HP smart software, or HP wireless setup wizard.
- Next, print a wireless report using LCD and text-based Control Panels or simply, by Basic Control panels.
- After you turn off the printer, disconnect the Ethernet cable from router.
- Inspect the cables and later, connect them on different LAN port of router.
- Turn on the printer and confirm the connection.
- Now, print a network configuration page. If the issue persists, ask for HP printer service.
- Check the cables connected between printer and computer. If they are damaged, replace them immediately.
- Don’t forget to check the different USB ports on computer.
- Also, ensure that the cable is completely secured at both ports (i.e. of computer and printer).
- Now, reboot your devices and complete the setup.
To troubleshoot wired printer connection, follow the steps as follows:
You may even troubleshoot USB printer connection. To do so:
Most Common HP Printing Issues
Other printing issues- resolved by our experts on daily basis, include:
- HP 8610 printer offline
- HP Envy 5660 printer offline
- HP Envy 5530 printer offline
- HP printer offline Mac
- HP envy printer says offline
- HP office jet printer offline
- HP 4500 printer offline
- HP envy printer offline windows 10
- HP office jet 6700 computer says offline but printer on
- HP printer 4650 offline
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP m477 printer offline
- HP 3830 printer offline windows 10
- HP DeskJet 2542 printer showing offline
- my HP envy 5640 printer is offline
- HP office jet 5200 printer offline windows 10
- HP 7520 printer offline
- HP 6950 printer offline
- HP desk jet 3752 printer says offline Macbook
- HP envy printer is offline
- HP 7100 series printer shows offline
- HP 120 printer offline troubleshooting
- HP office jet pro 8600 troubleshooting printer offline
- HP PSC 1200 offline when printer is on
- HP 1102 printer offline windows 10
- HP office jet pro 8725 printer offline
- HP printer offline windows 7/8/10
Independent Help & Support for Printer
HP Printer Setup Issue
Driver / Software
Printer Scan Error
Print Job Stuck In Queue
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer to your most common HP printer offline queries