Stuck with HP Printer Paper Jam Problem- Find Solution
HP printer paper jam is quite a common error and has several solutions available over the web in form of blogs and forums. And, if you read them all then, you will soon realize that they all are parroting the words of official experts.
If you have realized this thing then, stop implementing those useless solutions again and again. Instead, start here from scratch and help yourself get away from stuck paper in HP printer.
What’s in 'HP printer paper Jam' post for you?
The main purpose of this section is to help you guide through the post so, you don’t get confused later!
So, here we go with the list of sections in the article:
- Meaning of 'paper jam' error
- Reasons for paper blocked in HP printer all the time
- Tips before resolving hp paper stuck issue
- Solutions to clear paper jam in printer
- FAQs relating Paper block problem in printer-HP
What do you understand by HP printer Paper Jam error?
Before delving into the resolution of paper jam in printer- you must know what exactly the problem is! Because, only then- you can find the relevant solutions in the post.
Meaning: When HP printer not printing the requested job while A4 sheet is still inside the machine, it is referred as printer jam problem.
Furthermore, your printer will not work unless the paper is removed and the issue is resolved completely.
Does your issue sound familiar to what’s stated above?
Then, tie your laces and get ready for the relevant solution!
Note: If you are not a tech geek and above given statement gets over your head- Don’t panic!! Simply, start with the easy-to-understand solution and help yourself fix the error.
What causes paper jam in HP printers?
“Why is it important to have a glance over the reasons- when I can execute the fixes right away?”
If wondering same then, it’s important for you to understand that knowing the causes will help you troubleshoot the exact error.
When the papers are fanned before being placed in the tray, it generates static electricity that sticks the pages with each other.
As a result, more than one sheet tries to get inside the machine. Thus, causing paper jam in HP printer!
Bundled paper in Tray (Output)
While printing any job, if you ignore or forget to collect papers from the output tray then, at one time it will reach a point that you printed pages will get stuck in the machine at the output end.
If the power cord is damaged or loosely connected with either printer or your computer, it may cause printer to stop abruptly. As a result, the paper gets blocked in HP printer while printing any job.
During connectivity error you can offline error Fix HP printer Offline .
As a miser, if you have used damaged or torn papers to print any task then also, your HP printer will stop responding due to stuck paper inside the machine.
When the rollers responsible for pulling pages inside printer wear or tear with the time then, sometime this may cause paper mishandling leading to paper jam inside printer HP.
And, at worst, this may damage the device itself, if not repaired on time.
Alike low-quality paper that leaves dust or paper bits inside the machine, low-quality cartridges also leave behind stray ink or toner. That results in not only paper jam in HP printer but also affect printing quality.
Inaccurate Paper Loading
Sheets glued to each other, folded or frayed upon, or overloaded in the input tray are the major causes for HP printer paper jam. In addition to it, if you are using some poor or wrong quality paper also, it may cause paper to stuck inside the printer.
What to do before troubleshooting the Paper Jam error?
Start from the following points to begin your troubleshooting against paper jam in HP printer.
Note: 69% of users following these guidelines have cherished working printer without dealing with further more tough solutions.
- First and foremost, check the power supply to your printer. If the electric supply keeps fluctuating then, connect your printer at some other plug with stable and sufficient power supply.
- Secondly, diagnose the hardware of printer and other connected devices.
- Next, check the power cords between printer and your device like computer. If you find them damaged, torn, or connected to some loose port then, replace the wire or connect to another port, respectively.
- Check for any foreign objects inside your printer. In case, you find any- clear them all.
- Likewise, clean your printer at input and output side of printer.
- Also, ensure that all the papers at input tray are aligned and slide this tray a little backward.
- Another important thing to check includes carriage inside the printer. Ensure this peripheral is aligned to the right side of the machine. Else, move it manually!
- Even check the ink level when the paper jams inside your HP printer. As, you might need to replace them.
- Lastly, make sure that the ink cartridges are installed securely in correct compartment.
After executing all these steps, reboot your devices and see- if they help you get rid of HP printer paper jam issue.
Want to know- how to fix HP printer carriage jam problem?
Call Support team @ 1-855-703-2202 for solution
Troubled by HP printer Paper Jam - See the Solution
Landing in this section means, your pages jam in HP printer error is quite tough to fix.
However, don’t panic! As, the following tougher solutions will surely help you remove paper jam messages from HP printer.
Step 1: Find your paper Jam Location inside printer
As, paper jam issue in HP machine can take place at multiple locations so, find your area and next apply the following solution, accordingly.
Pages Jam in Input tray of HP printer
- Firstly, pull all the papers from the input tray that are easily accessible and removable.
- Secondly, switch on your printer machine and remove the power cord from its rear side while the device is still ON.
- Now, in case you find any foreign objects like debris, paper clips then, carefully remove them from device as well.
Note: You may need to even tilt your printer device as, sometimes- removing such objects with hands can be dangerous.
- Now, reassemble your device and turn on the machine to check if the jammed paper trouble in HP printer has resolved or not.
Likewise, if you find the jammed paper at the output tray of HP printer- repeat the same steps, as instructed!
Paper jam in Ink Cartridge Area
- If the ink cartridges are visible in your HP machine then, try removing the papers (if possible).
- Otherwise, open the ink cartridge access doors and remove the sheets stuck in the location.
- Once the process completes, close the ink cartridge doors and check- if the problem resolves.
- Similarly, remove any pages stuck underneath printer.
Still looking for how to stop paper jams in HP? Then, stay tuned!!
Step 2: Check the Printer Carriage to fix paper jam
Inspect the HP printer carriage and ensure that it can move freely i.e., from left to right and vice-versa.
Step 3: Clear Feed Rollers
- Clean your paper feed rollers using clean cloth and distilled water.
Note: During the process, make sure- these gray paper pick rollers do not dry.
- Also, ensure that your printer machine is off while you execute these steps.
Steps to clean rollers using software settings:
- Next, to clean HP printer rollers using device settings, press the down arrow on printer screen.
- Then, choose Settings-> Tools-> OK button-> Clean paper feed option to complete the process.
Note: Wait patiently, unless the process completes.
Step 4: Ink Smear Cleaning to avoid paper jam
1. For this action, you need to first load paper in input tray.
2. Then, turn on your printer device and access the software settings on machine.
3. n detail, press the down arrow key on printer device to choose Settings->Tools-> Clean Ink Smears->
Note: While this process runs, your printer machines will make some noise for a minute.
4. Finally, you need to wait unless the paper comes out of the machine.
However, if still printer keeps jamming paper, continue with the next solution.
Step 5: Fix Fake Paper Jam in HP Printer
In worst scenario, if you can't find any paper stuck inside your HP printer and have serviced all other
of its peripherals as well then, reset HP printer is the ultimate solution.
To perform its steps carefully, you need to check the below steps:
1. Switch on the printer device and wait for it to enter the idle stage.
2. After this machine gets silent, unplug the power cord from the power outlet as well as rear side of printer.
3. Now, maintain patience for a minute and later, reconnect the power cord at wall outlet and rear of the printer.
4. Reboot your printer and see- if that helps you clear fake paper jam in an HP Printer.
If still false paper jam in HP troubles you, then:
- Use Windows recovery tool to fix the issue.
Note: During Windows recovery , you need to create a backup of your important data and files so, they are not lost during the process.
Tip: Whether you are using Ink, laser, or Office Printer- if you encounter paper jam error in HP machine then, leave the device in resting position for a while. This will allow the machine to cool down and afterward- you can use it again.
Still Bothered by hp printer paper jam issue?
Contact Printer Support team @ 1-855-703-2202
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the highly reported queries by our customers have been answered below with the aim to help you as well.
So, with no more wait, check them one-by-one!
What to do if paper jam in my HP printer is throwing the paperback from input tray?
Obstacles in way of normal printer path can trigger this issue. Therefore, check the visible area at the input side of printer and remove anything that you find like pieces of paper. Instead of using hand, we suggest using some needle, nose pliers, or tweezers to remove the debris.
Only half or bottom part of the sheet gets printed after the HP printer paper jam issue is fixed. What shall I do?
It majorly happens when still there is certain debris left inside the machine. In case, you feel you have cleared every part with clean cloth and distilled water then, re-configure printer’s settings from Control Panel.
Is it possible to replace the rear door of F4100 printer, if removed for clearing blocked paper in printer?
No. As, this door is a hinged assembly. That means, if you try removing the door of this F4100 printer then, it will only break and unfortunately, you’ll have to buy another back door.
Why paper alignment issue occurs in an HP device?
When the printer machine is overused then, at one time it will reach a stage- where it causes slip-ups and jams. Wrong paper placement can also be another major reason for the trouble.
Apart from this, there are many other factors affecting printer alignment. Visit causes section at the beginning of this post to know more on them.
Can I affix back door onto printer again?
Yes, you can! But the process requires you to apply certain force and smart trick because it might otherwise, release or break. The best way is to seek help of two other hands.