HP Printer no longer responding to print requests | Not printing
If you are bothered by printer no longer responding to print requests; printer offline; incorrect default printer; HP printer not printing; or, printer communication error then, find your solution in guide here.
While navigating through post, you’ll find the solutions implemented via Microsoft Windows or Mac.
Who will be helped by this Post?
All HP printer users, who see:
- Error message like Document failed to print
- Communication not available error
- Offline Printer status
- Printer not responding to MacBook Pro
- HP printer connected but not printing
- Printer does not respond to print requests from computer only
- HP printer not printing in Windows 10/ 8/ 7
- Printer responds on PING, but doesn't wake up to print
What’s included here?
Following is the index of troubleshooting topics that are covered in this post concerning Printer not responding.
- Print Failure Diagnosis
- How to add request in HP print queue
- Causes and Solutions of No response to print requests
- Other Issues
Where Shall You Begin?
It's important for you first diagnose the printer and devices connected with it. So, you can be clear about the actual cause.
- Start with automatic troubleshooting of computer, if there would be an issue- it would be displayed at the end.
- In case, you are looking to connect your printer over the web then, check the router’s hardware and software using router login.
- Lastly, diagnose your printer and see if the printer failure is the root cause of the issue.
If you are sure that it is the printer which quits responding to print requests then, stay tuned to get your solution below.
For offline error refer to printer offline page.
How to diagnose and confirm for Print failure?
Like many users, if you are also wondering- how to begin with the printer troubleshooting then, here are the steps:
- Open command prompt and type the term "ping 192.168.0.1" in the window. This value refers to IP address assigned to printer.
- If you get a reply for the IP address that means there's no connectivity issue, else follow the steps defined further.
- Check for the cables connected to printer. They shouldn't be damaged or worn out.
- Next, check the LED on printer. It must be lightened up.
- In case, you are using printer over the network then, ensure both-router and printer device are on the same network.
Note: These are the few diagnostic tips that you can try to help find- what should be your next step to resolve HP printer not printing error.
Unable to confirm cause of Printer no longer responding to print requests?
Then, ask Printer Support team for the reason and right solution
Steps to add printing request in Print Queue
What’s the need for these steps- I have already tried them and have failed every time!! Are you feeling the same?
Then, why not check the steps ahead and find out if- you were on the right track or not. As, more than 57% of users got their printer fixed with these steps only.
So, let’s get started and have a quick glance over the troubleshooting steps of HP printer not printing.
- First of all, make sure that your printer is connected and turned on. You may refer HP printer setup for this step.
- Open the file that you wish to print.
Now, if the file has .doc format then, click on ribbon button at the top-left corner and click on Print option.
For Pdf file, click on print symbol below the menu bar!
- In case, you can’t find the print option then, go to My Computer-> navigate to file location-> left-click on the File-> and, open the menu bar of the window.
- Click on Share option and tap on print button to take the process further.
- On the print window, choose your printer from the list, select the count of copies you want in print.
Note: You may edit other printer settings also- as per your requirement. This may include orientation, color, and number of sides.
- Ensure the papers are aligned properly at the input side of printer and lastly, click PRINT button.
Kudos! For the resolved issue!!
However, if you are still stuck in HP printer not working scenario then, check the printer status under Control Panel.
If you can’t see the printer status or find your Printer offline then, see how to troubleshoot Printer offline mode using DIY solutions.
Still can’t fix HP printer not printing error?
Contact Printer experts @855-703-2202
Troubleshoot: HP printer no longer responding to print requests
Before heading towards the fixes- understand that printer not responding has several reasons associated with it.
That means, for relevant solution, you need to first find the cause. However, we will not trouble you with it. As, we have divided the solutions based on each cause so, you can directly get to the answer and fix the problem- if occurs!
So, with no more fuss, here we go!!
Do this before troubleshooting each cause:
Follow the steps in sequence:
Assign Static IP address manually
- Open HP printer’s configuration to find the IP address of the machine.
- Then, open any latest web browser window and type the HP printer's IP address.
- If the address is correct, you'll enter the HP printer Control panel.
- Click on Networking tab and tap on wired option under connections.
- Afterward, navigate to IP address configuration and click on manual IP option.
- Provide the right IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway on the respective boxes and tap on Apply button.
Update Printer’s firmware
- Go to HP printer update feature.
Note: The name and icon for each HP printer vary.
- Follow on-screen instructions to setup HP printer automatic updates and enable web services.
- Your printer internet connection will get set after step 2 and you may start receiving and installing HP printing updates.
Note: In case, the automatic firmware updates for HP printer doesn’t start then, click manually on Check for updates button and get the files.
Still HP printer not printing? Stay tuned and find your fix.
Reset HP Printer
- Turn off your HP printer from the power button on its top.
- Then, detach the power and other cables connected to printer and leave the device for around 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the cables to HP printer and Press-Hold the resume button for approx. 20 seconds unless you see any attention light on the device.
The printer device will recycle and restore to factory default settings.
You need to configure HP printer again in order to connect the device with the computer/ laptop. As, all the old settings get clear after this procedure.
Check Printer Settings and Print heads expiry
- For this, go to Printer settings-> choose Preferences option from the pulled-down menu.
- Then, scroll down to check the Printer’s auto-off feature and ensure that it’s not scheduled.
- Last but not least, check the Print heads and make sure that they haven’t expired. Else, you need to replace them first.
Still HP Printer no longer responding to print requests?
Ask Printer Support team for the fix @855-703-2202
You may also refer more advanced solutions below!
Solution 1: Resolve Printer port selection triggering HP printer not printing error
To avoid print request failure, you need to avoid improper configuration and wrong selection of HP printer's port. And, to do so:
- Open Control Panel from start menu and go to Printer and faxes option.
- Then, right-click on your current printer's name and choose Properties from the pulled-down menu.
- Further, click on ports tab and make your selection.
In case, you are struggling with the ports selection, ask Printer experts for the fix of this HP printer not printing error. Some of the relating scenarios, so far resolved by the experts include:
- Incorrect port selection
- Original port not visible or deleted
- Duplicate IP address is causing network traffic conflict
- Queue-based print sharing condition
- New port picked up that displays the existing ports useless.
- Hostname changed the port (which actually, creates original port).
Solution 2: Fix Printer status for answer to query-“My printer will not respond to print requests”
If you have more than one printer attached to your device then, chances are high that the wrong machine is set as default printer.
Thus, in order to resolve it:
- Open Windows Start Menu-> and, go to Control Panel window.
- Then, navigate to Hardware and Sound option and tap on printers.
- Left-click on your printer's name that you wish to set as default.
- Then, right-click on the same icon and choose 'Set as default printer' option from the pulled-down menu.
- You can see a tick-mark on the printer's icon that represents it as a default printer.
- Once done, you may now try printing again from your HP printer.
If your hp office jet wireless not responding to print requests, then go ahead and try the next solution in queue.
Solution 3: Troubleshoot offline mode error to get rid of ‘Printer does not consistently respond to a print request’ problem
After the HP printer installation completes, most likely your device is set in online mode.
But, in certain cases- it may display offline status. In such a scenario, follow the steps given in sequence below:
- Enter the printer settings and check for the IP address and other values defined. For detailed help, see HP wireless printer setup troubleshooting and get all relevant information.
- Next, if your HP printer still not responding to print requests then, confirm there’s no paper jam or feed issue.
See Instructions to fix HP printer paper jam error.
- Last but not least, learn how to turn HP printer offline to online.
Need help to resolve HP printer stopped printing error?
Call Printer experts @855-703-2202 for solution
Solution 4: Resolve ‘Printer pause and not ready’ issue obstructing HP printer from responding
If your HP printer does not respond to print requests from computer and at the same time displays no error message then:
- Check the panel menu of your HP printer and confirm from its LCD that printer is in ready state.
- If not, change to the required status.
- Likewise, if your HP printer is paused, you need to check the print queue in system tray and confirm that there are pending jobs in the list.
If that's a yes then, to fix this HP printer not printing issue:
- Open the print queue from system tray and tap on Printer option in the menu bar of window.
- If you see a check before Pause printing option then, click on the same to disable it.
- Also, confirm that your same device is set as default printer and there is no tick before the Printer offline option.
- Once completed, try to reboot your HP printer and see if the issue 'HP stops responding to print requests' resolves or not.
Solution 5: Solution to print spooler for resolving the issue-‘Printer respond on PING, but doesn't wake up to print’
Print Spooler prevents your HP printer from requesting any print job that you send onto the machine.
Hence, in order to resolve it- you must restart the spooler feature. And, for this:
- Launch Run windows from Start menu and type "services.msc" in the provided field.
- Next, scroll down to Print spooler option and right-click to choose Properties from the menu.
- Then, tap on Stop button and once the process completes, click on OK button.
- After 5 seconds, go to the same Properties window and click on START button to bring the print spooler back in action.
- After it’s done, remove all the print jobs from queue and reboot your device.
- Later, you may request for new jobs to print from HP machine.
Other reasons for HP printer not printing with solutions
After trying all the above solutions to resolve ‘HP printer no longer responding to print requests’ issue, if you still can’t get rid of this trouble, then- check out some of the more solutions in this regard.
- Disable Firewall and other security software (temporarily) as, they may prevent the communication between your computer and HP printer.
- Check the USB connection, if you are connected to your printer device locally.
- Deactivate all proxy servers and VPNs from the network adapter settings to ensure successful connection between the HP printer and your device like computer.
- Check your printer’s driver and if required- update them under Device Manager Window. You may either download these drivers directly from the web or can ask Printer experts to help you get the right ones.
If Hp print job does not print?
Ask Printer experts @855-703-2202 for troubleshooting