How to connect HP printer to WiFi | Solution | 2019
Wondering-how to connect HP printer to wifi for the first time OR what’s the process to re-setup printer on internet?
Well, the below guide has all!!
You simply need to match your technical specifications with the one provided in post and follow the method accordingly.
What’s there in the guide?
From this guide, you will find:
- Minimum requirements to connect HP printer to a new wireless network
- Tip to follow before final HP printer-Wifi connection setup
- Steps to connect HP printer on network using WPS process
- Instructions to connect HP printer to wireless router using Access point
- Solution to connect printer to wireless router network via Windows/ Mac
- How to connect LaserJet printer to wifi network on Android or iOS phone
Who will be helped by the post?
All HP printer users who are looking for solution to queries like:
- How to connect HP DeskJet printer to wifi
- HP DeskJet 5000 connect to wifi
- How to connect HP 5700 to wifi
- How to connect HP DeskJet 3630 printer to wifi
- HP DeskJet 2630 wireless/ wifi WPS setup
- How to connect HP DeskJet 2600 printer to wifi
- How to connect HP DeskJet 3755 to wifi
- Connect HP DeskJet 3050 to a wireless router
- How to connect HP DeskJet 2540 to wifi
- How do I connect my HP DeskJet 2542 printer to wifi
- HP DeskJet 4729 printer network connections
- How do I connect HP DeskJet 3052a printer to wifi
- How to connect printer to wifi canon
- Connect my HP DeskJet 2541 printer to wifi
- How to connect wireless printer after changing router
So, with no more fuss, let’s get started!
How to connect HP printer to Wifi?- Find your Way!
If it’s the first time that you are trying to connect HP printer to wifi router then, check for the following requirements with your devices.
If they match, pick the method that fits your need.
Minimum Requirements to Add an HP Printer to a Wireless Network:
In order to follow the steps under WPS method, ensure:
- You have wireless router that has WPS button
- HP printer with WPS push button mode
- Wireless network with WPA or WPA2 network security password
Note: If the above requirements match, start with method 1.
You don’t need any computer or mobile like device for this process to connect HP printer to wifi.
So, in case you see any message over your device like enter the WPS PIN for your printer then, simply click on Close icon or Cancel button
To connect your HP wireless printer using Access point, you need:
- An Inkjet printer with hardware already setup
- A Router
- Network name or SSID, and password
- Working wireless access point that is powered ON
For accessing HP printer from PC or Mac computer, you must have:
- A LaserJet, Inkjet, or DeskJet printer
- A wireless router
- Computer, laptop, or Desktop
- Stable and high-speed Internet connection
Requirements to connect HP printer over Phone Wifi
Make sure you have the following things before connecting HP printer to phone:
- An iPad or Android/ iPhone connected to wifi
- HP printer that you want to connect with same Wifi (Printer with wifi direct optional)
- Router with active and working Internet connection
- Wifi network password or key
Important: In all the above requirements, make sure your router supports 2.4 GHz network band because printer can work only with this range.
What to do before connecting HP printer to Internet?
Apart from hardware, it’s important to meet the software requirements as well.
So, check out for the following points and follow them to avoid any trouble while you connect HP printer to wifi:
- Keep your printer only 5 feet away from the device like computer or mobile (if required in the process).
- Place router and printer in same room during the connection build-up process.
- Reset HP printer network settings, if it’s not the first time that you are trying to connect HP printer to wifi.
- Make sure there no papers jam inside the printer machine. Else, follow the steps to clean HP printer paper jam
- While trying to setup printer, ensure you have typed the correct network printer settings like IP address.
In other words, the IP address assigned to Hp printer must match with that of your network.
- If in any case, you see printer not available even after the successful setup then, troubleshoot HP printer offline error immediately.
- Most importantly, make sure the router has stable and high-speed Internet connection.
- Next, keep all proxy server and VPNs disabled unless your printer connects to Internet.
- Likewise, disable the firewall like security software on your devices like computer or mobile (if required, during the process).
Note: It is one of the highly recommended tips.
- Keep a USB cable handy, as you might need to use it during the process.
Once you are done accomplishing these tips & tricks, it’s time to get started with the process and connect HP printer over wireless network.
How do I connect my HP printer to wifi-Help me!
Contact Printer experts @855-703-2202 for solution
Method 1: Connect HP printer to wireless network using WPS
Commence with the Wifi Protected Setup method and connect HP printer to wifi:
- Locate and press the wireless button on your printer. Hold this button unless the wireless light blinks.
- If you can't see any wireless button over your printer then, open the Control panel on printer's screen.
- Next, select the Settings icon-> network-> and finally navigate to Wireless Settings or Network Settings option of the printer.
- Then, on the screen, scroll down to choose Wifi protected Setup-> Push button-> and then, touch the Start button.
- Further, go to router-> press and hold the WPS button on router until the WPS LED light starts blinking.
- Wait for around 2 minutes, as the printer may take time to setup on wireless network.
- Finally, on your devices like computer or mobile, install the HP printer software and begin printing.
Method 2: Inkjet Printer Setup on Wireless Network using Access Point
To connect HP Printer to new router, here is what you must do:
- Touch to select the Printer Setup icon on the Control panel of printer.
- On the next screen, choose Network Setup and then, Wireless Settings.
- Further scroll down to choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Wait for a while unless the HP printer detects all the routers within range.
- Choose your network name from the available list.
- If asked, provide the network password to authenticate the connection.
- If you see a confirmation settings Window, press OK and let the process finish.
What if- I can't find my network name on the list?
To resolve this issue, you must provide the network name and password using a manual process.
- Firstly, on the Window of available networks, scroll down to choose option: Enter New Wireless connection or Enter New Connection.
- Next, type the SSID name as appear on the network in the prompted field.
Note: The network name is case sensitive as passwords.
- If prompted, provide the network password and touch OK button to finish the process.
- On successful, completion, you can see a Network confirmation settings window.
Try to print anything after you connect HP printer to wifi.
If in any case, your HP printer not responding to print request then, learn how to fix HP printer not printing error.
Still need more help on how to connect HP printer to wifi?
Ask Printer Support team @855-703-2202 for help
Method 3: Add HP LaserJet printer over wifi in Windows and Mac
After you fulfill all the mentioned prerequisites, follow the steps as given and connect an HP Office jet wireless printer to a wireless network:
- Keep your computer and router close to each other and connect them.
- Also, keep your printer close to computer and router.
- On your computer, open any web browser window and type the URL: 123.hp.com/[printer type].
- Click on Download button to get the HP printer software file on your device.
- Now, click on the downloaded file to extract and begin the process of installation.
- On HP Easy start window, tap on Continue button on every screen to keep the process going.
Note: During the process, make sure that the displayed HP printer model number matches with your printer.
- Next, while choosing a printer, if you can't see any device on the list, tap on 'My printer has not shown' button.
- Tap on Continue and select Wireless Network (if applicable) radio button on the screen.
- Allow the HP printer to complete the setup.
- Next, choose HP printer type like Laserjet and later, select according to the feature i.e., printer with touch screen or without screen.
- Once it completes, connect your printer and computer via USB cable and tap on Continue to save the wifi settings on printer.
- Disconnect the cable once, the process completes.
To connect HP printer to wifi on Mac or for more detailed solution, see Guide: HP printer setup.
Method 4: How do I connect my HP printer to new wifi over Phone
Whether you own an Android phone or have iPhone/ iPad at your place, the steps are meant for all such devices.
Now, to get the wifi connected to your HP printer- follows the steps as given:
- Connect your phone with the Internet and touch the web browser icon to launch it.
- Type 123.hp.com in the provided field and let the website open.
- On the screen, touch ‘Get the App’ button and wait for the file to download on your device.
Note: Know the location, where the file is downloading.
- Next, touch the downloaded file to extract the HP smart software.
- Tap on ‘I agree’ checkbox and Continue button to begin the software installation.
Important: While the process initiates, make sure your printer is in Setup mode.
- Then, navigate to HP printer’s Wireless Setup Wizard on Control panel and allow the printer to detect the wifi network and connect to it.
Steps to follow for HP Wireless Printer WiFi Connection after printer is in Setup mode:
- Open the Hp smart software app and touch the plus sign to connect HP printer to wifi.
- The app will display the list of detected networks. MAKE YOUR CHOICE.
- If you can’t find your printer’s name on the list, tap on Add new printer button and add it manually.
- Later, open phone settings-> go to wifi option-> and choose the network that has your printer name with model number.
- If you get the connection successful message, tap on it and enter the app again.
- Click on Continue button, if the network you want to connect your HP printer on, is correct.
Otherwise, click on Change network name option.
- After all the steps complete, you may now connect your phone or tablet over the same original network.
If you are able to complete the process successfully, KUDOS!!
However, if you are still struggling then, see HP printer not connecting to wifi troubleshooting steps.
Note: The guide link above will also help you in case; you want to connect your HP printer using wifi direct method.
Still need more help on how to connect HP printer to wifi?
Ask Printer Support team @855-703-2202 for assistance