Want to resolve problems relating to LED printers?
View the solutions below for all types of error concerning LED printer machine.
Interestingly, you can find the problem with printer- simply by seeing the LED on machine; as the light color and behaviour changes with the issue.
Thus, refer the information below to find- what’s the error within your LED printer and what is to be done for its permanent fix.
LED Indication: Ready LED is dim
What does light indicate?
This above behavior of LED printer indicates that the device is either in Sleep or Deep Sleep mode.
- For Sleep mode, the printer machine can still receive data. And, if you request a job to print- the device will automatically come in active mode.
- In Deep sleep mode, the power consumption reduces far greater than in sleep mode. Other than this, the operational methods of LED printer remain same as in Sleep mode.
Important: This is not an error but an indication that the printer hasn’t been in use for a long period.
LED Indication: Ready LED blinks for 1-1.5 second interval and error LED Off
For this LED indication, you need to check for the following reasons:
- If the machine is receiving data from computer or any other device to print- the LED will blink this way.
- This behavior may also indicate that there are certain data remaining in the queue to be printed. And, you need to click on print button for the action to complete.
- In case, there is no printing job left but still the LED is blinking the same way then, most likely the machine has warmed up.
Whenever you get stuck in such a situation, simply wait for the LED printer to get cooled down unless the printer enters in Ready mode again.
LED Indication: Error light blink once in 1.5 Seconds and ready LED is ON
When you see Error LED blinking red or orange with Ready light ON, then:
- Print a test page. If you see a faint printout then, hold toner cartridge assembly and drum unit-> shake gently from sides so that the toner spreads evenly in the cartridge.
- If you find that the issue still persists then, it implies the toner cartridge needs replacement.
LED Indication: Ready LED is off and error light blink once in 1.5 seconds
There are three possible causes of this LED indication. Find them below with solutions.
- First and foremost, the error LED blinks- if the Toner cartridge has ended and needs to be replaced immediately.
- Secondly, if the toner has ended in the cartridge that needs to be refilled.
- Lastly, if the toner cartridge isn't installed into the drum unit correctly.
For cartridge installation, check the printer setup guide.
LED Indication: Ready LED is off and Error light blink 4 times then, turn off for 1 second
Cartridge error, printer opened cover, or machine memory full are some of the reasons for LED printer light blinking this way. Now, to fix these issues and LED blinking error:
- Install the toner cartridge and drum unit correctly in the printer device.
- Close the top lid of printer machine.
- Clear the machine memory or learn to print whole pages of document from machine.
LED Indication: Ready LED is off and Error LED blink twice after interval of 1 second
Above image shows one of the most common LED printer’s errors. This LED behavior point towards different causes that may arise in printers.
In order to find the reason for your trouble with solutions, check the points below:
Cause 1: Paper Jam
- When the paper doesn’t come out from printer machine, you need to open the lid from output tray and check-where the paper has stuck.
- Next, carefully remove the paper and then, perform cleaning steps.
For detailed troubleshooting, see how to resolve printer paper jam issue.
Cause 2: Wrong Paper Type
Check the LED printer’s manual and confirm if the paper that you are using to print the document is compatible with the machine or not!
For better results, try using A4 sheet only.
In case, you want to use some other type of paper then, make changes in printer settings.
Cause 3: No Paper
One of the silly mistakes can be no or very less paper in the input tray of LED printers. So, always be sure that there’s enough stack of paper at the input tray.
Cause 4: Printer Status Offline
If you find that none of the above error dominates your printer then, check the printer status. To do so:
- Open Control Panel-> device and printers.
- Then, see the status next to your current LED printer icon.
- If it appears to be offline then, see troubleshooting steps to turn offline LED printer online.
Most Common LED Printer Errors- We Troubleshoot
The list of problems concerning LED printers is quite large and it’s not possible to provide the solution for all of them here. So, if you can’t find the error signs of your trouble above then, check below signs of error (resolved by printer experts on a daily basis).
- Unable to install Printer driver
- Printer not printing the document
- Low Ink cartridge error
- Printer not connecting to wifi
- Problem in printer installation
- Printer network server issues
- Plug and play of printer not working
- Too slow printing
- Faded or Uneven prints
- Ink getting smudge on LED printer
- Brother Printer Offline
- HP printer not available
LED Printer Troubleshooting
When LED printer issue seems tough enough to be resolved with the solutions provided, simply call at Printer Offline Support number 1-855-703-2202 for the results. If you can maintain patience then, you may even email us your trouble at email@example.com
Apart from the above options, you can even talk to us instantly on Live chat window below for the solution or ask for request callback.