Are Inkjet printer glitches causing monumental headaches?
Then, first of all- stop spending so much time in your head. As the following tips & tricks will help you get rid of the error that's annoying you over a long period.
Simply, check out the list of errors below and get the relevant solution ahead of it.
A word to wise...
However, before you start- it's vital to know that we have tried covering the vast majority of Inkjet printer issues herein. Still, in case- you find the issue that's bothering you isn't listed here or you're unsure of your ability to execute any repair or maintenance steps then, contact Printer service professionals for the solution anytime.
No responses from Inkjet printer after you request a print job? Try checking all the cables connected to printer and ensure that the device is ON. After confirming a proper connection and cables condition, go with the following steps:
- Open Control Panel from Start menu and select Devices and Printers option.
- Next, right-click on your printer's icon and ensure that it is selected as DEFAULT.
- Afterward, choose Properties from the same pulled down menu.
- Select Details or Port tab from the opened window and make sure that correct port is checked.
- Then, double-click on printer's icon to see the list of pending jobs in printer list.
- Cancel all documents in this list and again send a printing request in Inkjet printer.
Note: In case, your printer is connected via USB port, change the ports connected.
If your inkjet printer isn't visible, see how to fix printer offline status.
Decline in Print Quality
Streaked prints, faded text, missing characters in print and blank pages in printout are some the troubles, which can be resolved with following troubleshooting steps:
- Update Inkjet printer drivers using files from manufacturer website.
- Scan device OS and fix it's corrupt or incompatible issue (if found). Most simple solution is reinstalling OS.
- If printed page still has unintended lines, check for printer's poor alignment and fix it using align tool in Control panel.
- In case, you see these streaks at paper edges then, clean the rollers and other working parts of printer using dry and lint-free cloth.
- However, if you get blank pages from machine, install new ink cartridge and print a test page.
Note: Refer the printer's manual to find the info about compatible ink cartridge.
- Lastly, for faded text, check the inkwell that's almost empty and add the ink for the affected color.
You need print-head cleaning tool, if some colors are missing from the printed page. If the solution doesn't seem of any help, try the steps defined further:
- Clean the debris or dust accumulated on the heads of inkjet printer with a soft brush or cloth.
- Check the cartridge to confirm the level of inkwell. In case, required- you may replace the ink cartridge.
- Faulty ink heads can also trigger the issue. So, you may either replace them or consider buying a new printer.
Wrong Print attributes
If the text isn't printing the way you want, for instance- the bold text doesn't appear as BOLD in the printed page, then:
- Most likely, you have installed the wrong printer drivers.
To know how to reinstall the printer and its drivers, check out the troubleshooting guide for Printer setup and install.
You will encounter this error when printer settings mismatch with the paper used in machine. Thus, in order to fix this issue:
- Open Device and printers in Control Panel.
- Then, click on Print through file menu.
- Next, go to Properties and adjust the paper type, size, and quality- as illustrated in the image below.
Frequent Paper Jams
Overloaded tray is one of the major reasons for paper jam error. So, remove some of the sheets. Other than this:
- Place the device printer in ventilated area with less humidity.
- Also, ensure that the paper that you are using- hasn't been through the printer.
- For other concerning solutions in detail, check guide to resolve HP printer paper jam error.
Note: The solutions are applicable for Brother, Lexmark, Epson, and HP printer as well.
Other Inkjet Printer Troubles- We Resolve Daily
Whether you are trying to access printer from Windows or Mac device, we have solution for all. From printer communication problems to quality errors, we have fixed every software problem concerning the printer device (irrespective of its brand).
Some of the inkjet printer issues, we have fixed so far includes:
- Printer not connecting to Wifi
- Brother printer offline
- Printing is too slow
- Can't complete HP printer setup
- Epson printer not printing
- Unable to connect Lexmark wireless printer to laptop
- Lexmark printer error codes 201, 80, 902, etc.