Get Your Brother Printer Offline Fix Below
What Causes Brother Printer
to go Offline?
Your reason for Brother Printer offline depends on what exactly you understand by the term "Go Offline". So, check out the list of causes below and find out if it's the printing machine losing network connectivity or your Windows/Mac OS reporting the error.
Damaged cables, poor Internet connection, or irrelevant Printer settings develops connection error condition that further triggers issue like Brother printer offline in Windows or Mac device.
You must diagnose each cause before implementing any troubleshooting steps on your machine or computer.
Inaccurate Print Driver
If you download Print driver without comparing and matching your machine's brand or model- you will surely end up installing wrong drivers. As a result, your printer will stop responding.
Thus, check the mode and type of printer drivers.
Windows/ Mac Error
When USB is damaged or not properly attached, your printer can stop working. In case of any loose ports also, your printer will display offline message.
Hence, check all the connections and get rid of printer offline network mode.
Traffic Blocked on Port
When your printer is connected to computer using cabled network while your system is running a wireless network, this issue of brother printer offline persists.
You may simply resolve this issue by access point or router setup.
What to do-when Brother Printer
Alike all printers, brother printers are no exceptions and can be fixed easily. However, before troubleshooting this error, our experts recommend some tips that you must follow for an instant fix.
Don't panic on seeing printer offline message in Windows or Mac device. Because- as soon you see the error, you can fix it easily at the same time. No, doubt- sometimes this printer offline mode can be little rigid! However, you need no to worry unless printer professionals are there for your help.
Hold 'Power' button on your printer unless it turns off. You may even directly pull the cable and then, plug-in into power socket after 10 seconds.
While your printer reboots- wait for the process to complete without intervening.
Why is it required? - Sometimes, when printer starts, it cannot boot fully. As, a result- it may display an unexpected error like your Brother Printer offline.
The solution applies only- if you are using a wired printer. In case of wireless connection- simply, jump to Step 3.
Now if you are using a wired printer connection, make sure your device is connected with a working USB port.
If you suspect an issue, try connecting your printer to different USB port.
Check the ink and toner of your printer. If found empty, please replace them immediately.
Also, open the printer's tray, check for any jammed papers, and remove them to again place properly.
Note: The paper jam issue is a serious concern. Therefore, you must place them in a way that they all are aligned. Else, your brother printer "sleep" offline and will not fix.
Landing on this step means, still your computer says brother printer offline.
In such a case, from Start menu go to 'Devices and Printers' -> right-click on your Brother printer-> uncheck printer offline option-> again, right-click to select 'Set as default printer' from the list.
For persisting printer offline brother problem, download and install latest printer drivers.
How do I turn my
Brother Printer Online?
- For Windows
- For Mac
Brother printer is a relatively common error and to fix it on your Windows 7/8/10- check out the steps below:
- Go to network tab-> copy IP address and other related information.
- Navigate to Device & Printers under Control panel to select 'Add printer.'
Note: If you can't see your printer on list, tap on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
- Choose "Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname". Enter your IP address, subnet mask, and other concerned information in the prompted field.
- Now, update your printer drivers and system OS to build a successful connection.
In case, you still are bothered by offline printer error, go for the more advanced steps below:
- Under Device and Printers window only, right-click to select 'See what's printing'.
- Then, from the opened dialog box, open Printer menu and uncheck 'Pause printing' and 'use printer offline' option.
- Again, from the same drop-down list- choose 'Cancel all document' and later 'Open as administrator'.
- Last but not least, choose 'Printer properties' to disable SNMP Status and click OK.
When all of a sudden- your brother printer status goes offline in Mac device, Don't Panic!
Simply, execute these steps and start your printing tasks again.
- Navigate to Printer & Scanner window from System Preferences in Apple menu.
- Then, re-add your printer and set it as default in the Settings.
- From the same window, click on 'Open Print Queue' button.
- Next, choose and delete your already added printing job from the list.
- In case, your printer offline error still persists, right-click anywhere under printer's window to chose RESET printing system button.
- Later, again add your printer in the list and configure it.
Now, reboot your printer and try printing your tasks.
Resolve Other Printing Issues
Other printing issues- resolved by our experts on daily basis, include:
- brother hl 2280dw printer offline
- brother hl 2270dw printer offline
- brother MFC-l2740dw printer offline
- brother hl-2270dw printer offline
- brother mfc-j470dw printer offline
- brother printer mfc j430w offline
- brother mfc j870dw printer offline
- brother hl 5470dw printer offline
- mfc-l2700dw driver,
- brother mfc-l2700dw toner,
- brother wireless printer offline windows 10,
- brother mfc-j480dw
- brother hl-l2380dw driver
- brother mfc-j485dw
- brother printer offline windows 7
- brother hl-2270dw wireless setup
- brother hl-2280dw driver
- brother hl-l2360dw driver
- brother mfc-9340cdw driver
- brother mfc-7860dw driver
- brother mfc l27000w printer that is offline
- brother DCP-l2540dw printer appears offline
Support You may need to Keep Your Printer at its Best
Printer Support allows you to avail other troubleshooting services so, you can always have a smooth working printer even when you are away or busy with some other online work. To get the most f these services, make your choice below.
Driver / Software
Paper Jam/ Load Problem
Print Error Messages
Other Printing Error
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the highly-reported questions relating to Brother Printer offline