Cannot fix Brother Printer paper jam | Troubleshooting
Does printer make loud noise and display Brother Printer paper jam error message on its screen?
If you are nodding YES then, simply find the right steps through the below article to fix Brother printer paper keeps jamming problem.
As, you navigate through the guide- you’ll learn:
- All possible situations that led to paper jam in printer device
- Most common causes for Brother printer jam error message
- Complete handy solutions to fix printers and their jam issues like Brother HL-2040 continuous paper jam, Brother MFC-7820N paper jamming, and Brother Mfc-j6920dw paper jam.
- Tips & tricks relating Brother printer to prevent paper jam in future
Note: We have also provided steps to resolve false jam message displaying in Brother Printer machine.
Now, let’s delve deeper in the troubleshooting guide and fix jam error in printer.
In case, you see wifi relating error on Brother printer screen, refer Brother printer network troubleshooting section.
What do you understand by ‘Paper Jam’ error displayed on Printer screen?
When a paper stuck inside, duplex, front or rear end of the printer- it is Brother paper jam problem. If you see red/ orange LED flashing on printer OR find an error message on Brother Printer’s screen, it confirms the problem.
When Paper LED is flashing orange and Status LED as red, it implies the Jammed Tray, jammed Tray 1, and jammed Tray 2 needs cleaning.
However, along with above two lights, if you see back cover LED also blinking, check and clear Brother Printer's rear and Duplex area.
Important: Sometimes, Brother Printer says jammed but there’s no paper. In such a case, either you have made error with printer hardware setup or the machine displays offline status.
Hence, before fixing the hardware- check and fix Brother Printer offline status. If still printer keeps jamming brother, try more solutions mentioned in post below.
When do you get ‘Paper jam’ error on Brother Printer screen?
You may get Brother Paper jam error while:
- Paper is printing inside the Brother printer machine.
- You tap on Print button of the document.
Well, no matter which of the below situation causes paper to stuck in brother printer, the post ahead has solution for all.
- Brother mfc 8710dw paper jam
- Mfc 8220 brother paper jam
- brother hl 2240 paper jam
- Brother mfc 9340cdw paper jam
- Hl 2040 paper jam in Brother printer
- Brother MFC-7820N paper jamming
- Brother mfc j5910dw constant paper jam
Now, you are well aware of all Brother Printer paper stuck situations. So, let us find out the reasons & solutions to remove jammed paper from printer.
Why paper stuck in a Brother printer?
Small pieces of paper or dust particles are the major reasons for Inkjet printer paper jam error. However, the list of reasons doesn’t stop here!
There are numerous other causes for printer keeps jamming. To know each one of them, stay tuned:
Brother printer always display jam error message if using low-quality Cartridge
Paper bits and dust accumulated on the poor quality ink cartridge may leave ink and toner stray on the hardware. As a consequence, the paper loaded in brother printer won't move smoothly through the machine. Thus, the paper stuck inside the printer.
Brother laser printer keeps jamming due to damaged rollers
Use of incompatible papers for printing or placing over stack sheets in the tray, wear & tear the rollers over time. And, after a while, the Brother printer finds it hard to allow any thin sheet flow through the rollers.
Note: This paper stuck error majorly occurs at the input side of Brother Printer.
Sheets not loaded properly in tray causes Paper jam
When paper are held too loose in a tray OR appears quite less in count, it is referred as paper jam trouble. Use of too glossy or incompatible paper also causes paper to stuck inside printer rollers.
Jam duplex printer error display even when Print head is dirty and displaced
Again, like many other printers’ parts- if the print head also gets debris over it, the printer won't work smoothly. Thus, it will stop paper from moving in Brother Printer machine.
Bothered by brother printer paper jam but no paper is there?
Seek help of Printer experts @855-703-2202
Where to begin 'Printer paper jam' Troubleshooting?
After you realize that there's a paper jam issue, begin with the below troubleshooting steps.
Note: Make sure you follow each paper jam fix in given order.
- First and foremost, check the front and back-end of brother printer and try to find any paper stuck inside out.
- Cannot locate any stuck paper in visible area of printer? Then, turn on mobile light and confirm there’s no paper jam in Brother printer.
If you can find paper jam in Brother Printer’s front or rear end, follow the relating solution defined ahead.
Otherwise, follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned for duplex and inside paper jam printer.
Also remember, before you un-jam Brother Printer:
- You need to unplug the Brother machine before removing the jammed paper. Else, you might burn yourself by touching hot parts of printer. Or, at worst- all the ink may spread on your hands.
- Also, there’s a regular paper path that you must follow to avoid any paper tearing or components backtracking.
Once you execute above steps successfully, it’s time to troubleshoot paper jam error with more technical solutions.
Solution 1: Resolve Brother Printer Jam Inside error
When you see any orange light flashing next to 'Error' label on Brother Printer, here's what you must do:
- Remove the power cord of printer and keep it in rest position for at least 10 minutes.
This will cool down all the internal hardware and prevent hurting while you remove stuck paper from Brother Printer.
- Now, gently remove the toner cartridge assembly and drum as the jammed paper will also come out if stuck in this area.
- After the jammed paper is removed from the area, place the drum and toner cartridge back in the Brother machine. Also, close the front cover.
- Now, restart the printer and check printer screen. If paper jam error still displays on screen, continue to Solution 2.
While performing the above steps, make sure:
- You place the drum and toner cartridge on a cloth and disposable paper.
- You do not touch the Brother Printer electrodes while removing the stuck paper else, they may get damaged.
- The toner cartridges are handled carefully. However, if the toner spreads on your hand accidentally as you pull jammed paper, wash it immediately with cold water.
Still can't get rid of jammed paper?
Call printer professionals for answer @855-703-2202
Solution 2: Troubleshoot ‘Brother Printer paper tray jam’ Error
It’s quite easy to remove stuck paper in Brother Printer’s tray and get rid of the concerning error. All you have to do is:
- Turn off the Brother printer so; the paper can be removed easily from printer.
Note: In case, you do not turn off the Brother machine, the paper won’t pull out as, rollers would be moving in opposite direction.
- Slowly remove the printer’s tray and prefer to remove the jammed paper in lightened room. This will prevent the bits of sheet from staying inside the printer machine.
- Gently pull the jammed paper with both hands and later, firmly insert the tray back in machine.
- Now, check the position of PE actuator and ensure it is in the center of two gray-colored rollers.
Note: It lies in the rear end and center of machine where the paper tray fits.
- Finally, turn on the Brother printer and ensure Ready LED lights up indicating no more jammed paper.
In case, your Brother printer keeps saying paper jam in printer then, keep reading for the relevant solution.
Solution 3: Fix ‘Paper Jam Duplex Message’ on Printer Screen
If Brother Duplex keeps jamming paper, you may see Error LED flashing orange on printer. To fix this:
- Turn off your Brother Printer machine and allow it to cool down before you open and remove the jammed paper.
- After 15-20 minutes, take out the paper tray gently from the Brother machine and next pull the duplex tray.
- While pulling the duplex tray, if you also get the jammed paper along, be careful! As paper may tear and remain in Brother Printer.
- In case, you find the paper jammed inside Brother Printer machine, hold it with both hands and pull it slowly out of the machine.
- You may later place the duplex tray and paper tray firmly in the Brother printer.
Note: Repeat the inspection of printer's front part to confirm no bits of paper remain behind.
You may refer to Solution 1 for the steps.
Can’t fix brother mfc printer keeps jamming?
Call Printer Experts @855-703-2202 for solution
Solution 4: Remove rear paper jam error from Printer
When the document is printed but can’t come out from rear end of machine, do this:
- Take out the electric cord from wall outlet and allow the printer to cool down for 20 minutes before removing the jammed paper.
- Look for the Brother Printer face-up output tray and try opening it gently to avoid the tearing of stuck paper.
- Then, open the fuser cover from left and right side & closely look for any paper stuck inside the Brother printer.
- During the process, check the fuser and back cover properly and pull the jammed paper gently using both the hands.
- Later, re-assemble all the parts and ensure that error LED is off and Ready LED lights up.
- In case, printer refuses to print automatically, press GO button or repeat the process manually.
However, if you still can't print a document, refer the guide: Brother Printer not printing and fix the error.
Still receive ‘Paper jam’ error in printer Brother: Let’s Fix!
If you have removed jammed paper from all parts of Brother Printer, try cleaning the machine with clean cloth.
If you still receive the error message "Paper Jam" after removing the jammed paper, here’s your solution:
Do this before troubleshooting:
- Cancel all printing jobs from your device connected to jam Brother Printer. Also, disconnect the machine from power outlet.
- Ensure Brother Printer is directly connected to wall outlet and not the surge protector.
- If you still see paper jam error message on printer screen then, remove the power cable directly from the wall outlet. Connect the cord after 5 minutes and let the printer reboot and enter the idle status.
- For persisting Printer paper jam no paper error, try removing printer’s ink cartridges carefully.
- Followed by it, reset your Brother printer to resolve fake paper jam error.
Later, follow the ahead defined instructions and resolve fake paper jam issue.
Brother printer says jammed but actually it’s not?
Try solution from Printer professionals for instant fix
Time to troubleshoot Brother Printer that says paper jam when there is none
- Lift the scanner cover of printer Brother and ensure the print head is positioned either on left or center of the machine. In case, it's on right- move it gently to center position.
- Now, confirm there's no jammed paper or if found, slowly remove the stuck sheet from print head of Brother Printer.
- Close down the scanner cover after all jammed paper and its bits are removed. Also, plug the power cord back.
- If still can't clear false printer jam message in Brother machine, open the carriage access door-> push and hold the carriage to right-> close the carriage access door-> tap on OK button.
- In case, none of the above steps help you, try clearing all printing jobs in queue and restart the printer.
- Also, update the printer's firmware and drivers to get rid of any fake paper jam error on Brother Screen.
- You may fool down Brother Machine by holding the brass rectangles with the paper clip and keeping the contacts bridged.
- Simultaneously, go to Printer device option under Control panel and press OK to confirm the paper jam is clear.
In case, the pair of white gears on left freeze or stall, that means there's some paper jammed in machine and needs removal.
Note: For the last step, turn off the printer Brother and then, clear the shards.
See Brother Printer Software troubleshooting section for more relating solutions.
Future tips to avoid jam in Brother Printer every time
Hope, your Brother Printer paper jam error resolves by now!
Next, to prevent the paper stuck issue from reoccurring in future, here's what you should do:
- Do not fill the papers in tray up to the maximum capacity. Indeed, leave some space between the maximum mark and papers stacked in-tray.
Otherwise, overloading will block paper all the time in Brother Printer.
- Loosen the sheets before placing them in-tray of brother printer. In other words, fan them to avoid printer from taking more than one sheet at a time.
- Use good quality paper defined in manual otherwise, your printer will find it difficult to move the paper in machine and you’ll see jam paper error.
- Do not keep multiple types of paper in a stack as this will make paper stick inside Brother printer.
- Avoid using low-quality ink cartridges as well to keep the paper pathway smooth else, it will keep blocking printing in Brother Printer machine.
- Prefer using papers with no curls or curves otherwise, the machine will stuck and jam Brother Printer operation.
- Last but not least, run Brother Printer cleaning process once a week to keep printer pathway clean.
Unable to fix paper jam brother printer error?
Ask Printer Support team for more solution @855-703-2202