Solution: Wireless Brother Printer Not Printing
We analyzed all types of brother printer before finally, jolting down the solutions against Brother Printer not printing error.
You must be thinking that the solutions would be same as what you have read on other pages.
However, this time you’re wrong!
We analyzed all types of brother printer before finally, writing down the solutions against Brother Printer not printing error, here!
You must be thinking that the solutions would be same as what you have read on other pages. However, this time you’re wrong!
As, we have not only provided some unique solution against your printing error but have also included tips to prevent the error in near future.
So now, let’s get Set and Go!
Here is a Summary of our Guide:
- Reasons for Brother Printer no longer printing: Knowing the causes is important as, it will also help you diagnose other serious issues with your printer.
- Steps to execute before troubleshooting ‘Brother Printer error printing’ so; you can run the further advanced steps smoothly.
- Your Troubleshooting steps to make brother printer accept and execute the requested printing job.
- Guide to avoid difficulty in printing from Brother machine in future
- FAQs relating all other issues concerning ‘Can't print from Brother printer’
We have all of these said points included in our post below (as given in sequence above).
we have separate troubleshooting section for Brother printer printing issue.
Sometime, Brother won’t print anything: Find out WHY?
You must have heard from people that they had to try all the steps to troubleshoot brother printer won't print error.
But, you can save your time by giving a quick glance at these below-stated reasons. Simply put, these causes will help you identify the roots of the error and later, troubleshoot with relevant solution.
So, check out this list of some common reasons:
- Poor Communication: First and foremost, if your printer is connected to non-working power outlet OR you have incompatible cables connecting printer and computer then, the issue of printer not printing will always prevail.
Worn out cables, loose wall plug, or issue with the ports are also in the queue.
- Corrupt Network or Printer Driver:Apart from obsolete drivers, if the installed drivers for printer or computer are infected- you’ll continue to get bothered by printer not accepting your print request.
- In case, you want to fix this specific issue, see concerned guide in Brother Software & Driver troubleshooting section.
- Inaccurate driver port settings can also cause trigger the message- ‘Can't print from Brother Printer.’ So, open Control panel and ensure the settings entered are absolutely correct.
- Offline Brother Printer mode doesn’t allow printer to accept any job request. And, in order to troubleshoot this issue- you need a full-fledged separate solution. You may refer the link- Brother Printer offline
- Low ink level in cartridges can also stop your printing task abruptly in Brother Device.
- Brother Printer spoolers not running on any Windows or Mac device will make it difficult to connect the printing machine with the system. Thus, it will block all your Brother printing jobs.
- Wrong Brother Printer configuration can also trouble you while printing tasks.
So, keeping these causes in note, let’s get started with the first phase of ‘Brother Printer not printing’ solution.
Important: Paper jam in printer can also stop you from printing anything. So, check for any paper bits inside machine or refer Brother printer paper jam guide for detailed troubleshooting.
Quick fixes People follow for Brother Printer not printing Issue
Many of you might find these steps familiar but those, who are trying to fix brother printer error for the first time, will find these fixes completely new!
No matter, in whichever category do you fall, these steps will help everyone in preparing for further troubleshooting.
And, you never know- your problem may get resolved with these steps only.
- Check the LED light on your printer. If it’s not switched on then, try connecting the printer’s power cord to some other wall outlet.
- If you find LEDs like that of Paper or toner indicating an error then, troubleshoot them using effective steps.
- Next, check the connection between your Brother Printer and network. If required, check the Ethernet and other cables as well.For poor network-printer connection, see Troubleshoot Internet/Network error brother printer causing trouble.
- Now, see the printer drivers installed on device. For this, Open settings from Start menu and under Printer and Faxes, check the installed printers.
- If you can’t find the name of your printer machine on the list then, the drivers might not be installed.
- In case, you have recently installed the drivers on your system then, we suggest downloading new and compatible drivers from a reliable source.
- Last but not least, make sure your Brother printer is set as default. To do so, open Device and Printers window-> right-click on Printer Properties-> and, make sure there’s also a tick in front of ‘Set as default’ option.
After implementing these basic fixes, now it’s time to try printing any task from Brother machine.
Unfortunately, if you failed to do so don’t panic! As, we have more tough solutions for your rigid Brother printer not printing issue.
Facing Difficulty while printing from PC?
Reach Printer professionals @ 1-855-703-2202 for support
More Tougher Solution to Solve Brother printer error printing
Whether your brother printer connected to wifi but not printing or have worst connectivity issue, the resolutions ahead are definitely for you!
The solutions below are independent and have nothing to do with each other. So, if you know the causes of your printer not responding then, right away jump to the matching solution.
Otherwise, you may try all the fixes one-by-one unless Brother Printer not printing problem gets fixed.
Note: The following solutions will also be helpful in case your brother printer print blank pages.
Step 1: Run Automatic Network Repair Tool
When your printer stops printing, run the network repair software to fix the issue automatically. In order to do this:
- Download latest brother printer utility from the official page.
- Create a folder on your hard drive under primary hard drive. For instance: you can create it as C:/bro.
- Now, download this file in the created folder and double-click on the same to extract it.
- You’ll see a folder like nettool. Open it and run the file with .exe extension.
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the process and then, click on Retry button later to see if your job starts printing in Brother Printer or not!
For errors like unable to print pdf from Brother printer- see ahead for the answer!
Step 2: Build Communication Link between Computer and Printer
- Find the IP address of your brother printer and computer from the appropriate location.
Note: For printer’s IP address, check the Brother machine and for computer’s IP address, open network adapter settings and navigate to IPv4 properties.
- Now, open command prompt and type the term ‘ping xxx.xx.xxxx. [In place of these ‘X’, type the Brother’s printer IP address.
- Hit Enter and see, if you get the valid reply, If you successfully complete this step, Kudos!
- Otherwise, you need to re-confirm the IP address and find out other reasons, which may cause communication issue between printer and computer. Some of these factors, include:
- Windows Firewall
- Third-party security software like Anti-virus
- Network cable
- Ports on Router
- If your Brother printer printing error still doesn’t go away then, reset the network card and adjust printer’s configuration.
Step 3: Reset your Brother printer to factory reset the network settings.
For detailed steps, refer Brother printer reset guide or contact Printer Support team for immediate assistance.
Step 4: Check the printer status
- To find this, you need to open Control panel.
- Then, go to Device and printers section and right-click on your Brother printer to choose Cancel all documents.
Note: This step will help you clear the queue that might be blocking the path of other printing jobs.
- Other than this, if you see the Brother Printer offline status on screen then, right click on the same device image to uncheck Offline option.
This will bring the Brother offline printer online.
- Likewise, if you see any tick before ‘Pause printing’ then, resume it with a tap.
For brother printer not printing in Mac, try the solution defined further.
Step 5: Set Drive Port Settings
If your Brother printer driver installs but can't print, try these steps!
This troubleshooting step is crucial and thus, has a major role in resolving your Brother Printer not printing issue.
Note: Follow these steps carefully. In case, you find them quite technical- ask Printer geeks for help.
- Navigate to Brother Printer driver and right-click on same to choose Properties.
- From the opened window, click on Ports tab and Add port button further.
- Select the basic TCP/IP port and later, click on NEW PORT button to open the printer wizard.
- Now, under the field Printer name, type the IP address of your Brother Printer.
If you see your system requesting more port information then, that implies a weak connection between computer and printer.
- And, to fix this- disable firewall, security applications, or any other program that may not be allowing Brother Printer to complete its print request.
If you see message like: “Completing the Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard” under label Adapter type then, your connection has finally built between the devices.
- Finally, click on OK or FINISH button.
You may run TEST print now from General tab.
Your Brother printer should now start printing!!
Step 6: Reinstall Brother Printer Drivers
To fix a Brother printer that won’t print, troubleshoot your partial or corrupt printer driver. You need to follow the steps given below for this:
- From Start menu, click on All Programs-> Brother -> printer’s model-> and then, Uninstall button.
- Tap on OK button, when you are asked about completely removing the software.
- Afterward, reboot your computer and use Brother printer CD-ROM drive or discover a reliable source to download the compatible drivers.
- Double-click on the driver extension file and choose language from the printer main menu.
- Later, choose Install Printer Driver and Network Cable users’ option.
- After you complete all on-screen instructions, your driver installation will begin.
Note: Choose ‘Standard Installation’ during the process.
- Tap on finish button to complete the setup and turn on your firewall.
For Brother Printer basic setup or to fix any other error sprouting during the configuration, see Brother Printer setup troubleshooting section for relating posts.
Still Struggling with Brother printer not printing error?
Contact Support team @ 1-855-703-2202 for solution
Tips to prevent Brother Printer not receiving data
Don’t stop if you have resolved your Brother Printer not printing issue. In fact, make it more secure and stable with the following tips and tricks:
- Keep your printer in running mode and perform a mini cleaning cycle once a week so that the ink keeps flowing through its head.
Note: Also, remember that each cleaning will use certain amount of ink that will lower its level, even if you don’t request any Brother printing task.
- Even if not required, you should print at least one sheet in a week. This will prevent the ink in your Brother printer from drying.
- Other than this, try using only quality cartridges for your Brother printer, when required to change.
- Use only distilled water and clean cloth to wipe off all the foreign objects or debris inside your printer. For better results, use sponge.
- Next, move the printer head assembly to the center or right side of the machine, especially during cleaning.
- Do not force your printer into printing as, this may break the device.
These are some of the essential tips, which will surely help you run your Brother printer smoothly over a longer period. In case, you want to know more of these tricks or solutions, call printer support team anytime!
If you are getting error messages while priting though brother printer please read " brother printer error message troubleshoot section"
Frequently Asked Questions
Dig a little more for solutions of some other highly-reported wireless brother printer not printing issues.
In below section, you will find the reasons and useful tips to resolve all these queries.
How to fix Brother Printer not printing yellow/ black/anything?
If brother printer doesn’t print color, this means either ink in cartridges is insufficient or you have filled so much ink in printer that its nozzles have got blocked. Installing incorrect print driver may also cause brother printer to not print ink on paper. Therefore, consult Printer experts to help you search for the drivers.
- Open printer settings and with report on screen- tap on Print button.
- In newly opened print dialog box, choose the option-color under INK COLOR section.
- Finally, click on print to complete the action.
- In case, if you are still unable to print pdf or other files from Brother printer- try the same action for some another program.
After trying all the above fixes, if your Brother printer is still stuck in not printing yellow, black, or any other color then, click on Start-> Settings-> Printer-> double-click printer name-> deselect non-color printing option in list.
Why is Brother Printer not printing double-sided?
If you aren’t using A4, Letter, Legal or Folio size paper then, 2-sided printing will not take place automatically. In case, you are using these aforestated sheets only- then, configure the 2-sided printing settings manually.
- From Apple menu-> go to System Preferences-> Print & Scan box-> then, open Print dialogue.
- Next, select ‘layout’ from the displayed menu.
- After this, select "Long-edged binding" or "Short-edged binding" in Two-Sided section.
- Finally, choose ‘Paper Handling’-> ‘All pages’ -> and, tap on Print.
Your brother printer shall now start printing both sides.
Does Brother Printer print pages but they are blank?
Call Printer experts @855-703-2202
Brother printer won't print black without color- Why?
Brother machine is designed in a way that if one or more color ink cartridges get empty, an error message will display on screen. This saves the life of printer head and printing quality. In case, the printer continues to print even after the color cartridges have run out then, cleaning cycles will suck air from the empty cartridges. As a result, your printer head will get damage.
But, for user's convenience, the machine can still operate if black and white cartridges have ink in them.
You only need to follow certain steps to print using black ink cartridges.
What to do- if brother printer not printing colors correctly?
When ink cartridges are installed in the wrong position, the tube will get filled with the inappropriate color. And, as a result- you will see Color cartridges full but not printing.
However, you can resolve this issue with following steps:
- First and foremost, confirm the position of each ink cartridge.
- If the ink cartridges are installed in correct order, the LCD will prompt a message with YES or NO button.
- Simply, press NO to get the accurate info of ink left in the cartridge.
- Next, on the touch screen, tap on INK at right side, TEST print, and print quality.
- Later, to check the print quality, press COLOR START button.
- If there’s any sort of printing error then, the Brother printer will need to clean out the incorrect color from the cartridge, ink tubes, and print head.
- Finally, after all this- test by printing the document that earlier reported to print using wrong color.
In case, the Brother MFC Printer Won’t Print Black despite Full Ink Cartridges- Call Printer professionals for advanced help.
Brother printer connects to wifi but not printing- How can I fix it?
As, the problem itself says that the issue is concerning network or Brother Printer, therefore, try to fix it using below steps:
- Ensure your Brother Printer machine is connected to working power outlet.
- Also, confirm that there’s no error message like printer offline displayed on screen. Else, troubleshoot it using relevant guide from Brother Printer troubleshooting
- Next, set your Brother printer as default and cancel all previous printing jobs from the list.
- Lastly, diagnose the wireless connection between your printer and system.
For effective troubleshooting of the network error, refer Network/Internet Troubleshooting section.
Hope the solutions in guide help you resolve the issue.
Still Brother Printer printing blank pages?
Ask Printer Support team for immediate assistance